What fuel additive for HM GDI/DI engine?

I have a 2011 honda pilot that hasnt seen a fuel additive for thousands of miles and was looking to do two tank full treatments for it, odo is 150k+ on that also I have an 06 is350 odo is 130k+ and it recently started to have a rough idle when in drive so it needs a fuel additive or possibly a throttle body cleaning.
I have used seafoam and techron over the years while also using liqui moly jectron and the redline additive as well. I do know pea content is supposedly what does the work for cleaning so since then ive ruled out from using seafoam for the fuel additive part. I don't know if jectron has any pea content in it but I do know that redline and techron does, correct me if mistaken. Lmk what you would recommend, also I will be filling up at costco when doing this since that place is always getting fresh fuel every week.

I'd reach out to @Trav he owns a business which cleans fuel injectors and he has done several DI injectors [you mentioned in the title] over the years. His suggestion for cleaning "serviceable" in car injectors, meaning injectors that aren't too far gone and can be cleaned in the car is as follows: Run a tankful of a good cleaner with PEA like Techron or Redline SI-1, then another tank with B12. Having said that the problem with DI injectors is the internal mesh screen [for lack of a better term] disintegrates causing the injector to fail, requiring them to be serviced professionally. Hopefully he see this and chimes in.

I have a 2011 honda pilot that hasnt seen a fuel additive for thousands of miles and was looking to do two tank full treatments for it, odo is 150k+ on that also I have an 06 is350 odo is 130k+ and it recently started to have a rough idle when in drive so it needs a fuel additive or possibly a throttle body cleaning.
I have used seafoam and techron over the years while also using liqui moly jectron and the redline additive as well. I do know pea content is supposedly what does the work for cleaning so since then ive ruled out from using seafoam for the fuel additive part. I don't know if jectron has any pea content in it but I do know that redline and techron does, correct me if mistaken. Lmk what you would recommend, also I will be filling up at costco when doing this since that place is always getting fresh fuel every week.
My old Sienna hasn't seen a fuel additive for over 444,000 miles. If you're using name-brand fuel with at least the minimum amount of required additives and you've been dumping all that stuff in the fuel in the meantime, what problems could you have?

The one time I did use an additive was on my old BMW when it too had a rough idle but that turned out to be a pushed-back pin on one of the injectors. I'd look elsewhere for a solution to your idle problem considering all the stuff that's been added to the fuel. Maybe that's the source of your problem, not the solution?

I have seen Berryman but it supposedly is very aggresive and will dry things out, is that true?
I am not sure what you mean by "...will dry things out...", but I have never had any fuel system problems in any of my vehicles or outdoor power equipment in the 20+ years of regular use. For vehicles, I'll run a can of it in a full tank of gas one or twice a year, and I use a 4 - 6 ounces in 5 gallons of gas that is used in my lawn mowers and snow blower.

I also agree with demarpaint about getting Trav's opinion on this.

I think he means that Berrymans may cause issues with some rubber and plastic components. I’ve heard many people throughout the years say they had issues with fuel lines leaking, fuel pumps failing after using Berrymans.

Never had injector issues with my 08 Passat 2.0T with 200,000+ miles using Renewable Lube Bio-Plus Fuel injector cleaner with every tank (in my case, 1 oz per tank)

I’m doing a combo of Berryman and Techron every 30k miles on both the Mazda and the Alfa. Berryman is the only additive that I’ve actually seen clean things up quickly. Techron I use because of the science behind it.

No issues thus far.

Liquimoly DI Jectron is what I'm using each oil change. New formula with PEA.

When did they add pea? Is this recent like 2019?
Edit: It looks like they made a new DIJectron which I havent seen before.
Yep - I have a post here about it if you look. Just a revised formular for the DI cars vs. their old-school Jectron stuff. I used to always use Tectron.

It looks like I may just get techron complete and run a double dose, the pricing is great and 1oz to 1 gallon of fuel is great potency but if I double that it should take care of my "issues" with a full tank.

It looks like I may just get techron complete and run a double dose, the pricing is great and 1oz to 1 gallon of fuel is great potency but if I double that it should take care of my "issues" with a full tank.
Chevron is being really tight-lipped about how much PEA is in a bottle of Techron, according to their SDS, it's mostly Hydrotreated light distillates, with 5 to 10% of their trade secret.

Redline SI-1, has 28 to 34% PEA according to their SDS

Gumout Regane (including High Mileage) according to their SDS is 10-30% PEA.

Back