What Fluid to use on older New Holland Front Diff tractors? TS110 amd 7610s

Hey guys, quick question. I have 2 New Holland TS110, a 7610, and a TB120. They are all very similar tho when it comes to parts and fluids. They are also all tractors I bought new from early 2000’s (2000-2002).
my question is what kind of Gear or front Differential fluid do y’all use? I’ve been using that universal Tranny/hydraulic fluid since I bought it cuz that’s what my mechanic and the dealership usually say it takes. But these past couple of years I have had to replace literally all of my tractors front axle seals and bearings because of severe failure and leaks in those parts. I’m thinking of maybe changing all of my front diff/axle to 80w-90 gear lube or something else. I talked to my buddy from Mexico who also has the same tractors I do and he puts 80w-90 in the front Diff and axle. Any thoughts?

I have a 2004 Kioti DK 45 and the owners manual has trans/ hydraulic or 80W90 for the front axle lube I used to own a 2004 John Deere 4310 and that manual recommended Trans Hydraulic fluid for the front axle.

I have a Kubota that uses either their fluid or 80w90 gear oil. What is better? I have no idea as they’re 2 very different fluids IMO. Dad has a 1980 Ford 1500 that specifically mentions 80w90. I would find a manual and dealer to be certain.

I have a Kubota that uses either their fluid or 80w90 gear oil. What is better? I have no idea as they’re 2 very different fluids IMO. Dad has a 1980 Ford 1500 that specifically mentions 80w90. I would find a manual and dealer to be certain.
Yeah I’m kind of uncertain...... I’ve always been told to use the common Hydraulic/Tranny fluid and that’s what I’ve been using. I’m gonna switch and change the oil to the 80w-90 Tutela (CNH new holland) on all my tractors. HOPEFULLY it’ll make the seals last longer. I’m getting tired of doing these types of repairs every year to my NH tractors!

Yeah I’m kind of uncertain...... I’ve always been told to use the common Hydraulic/Tranny fluid and that’s what I’ve been using. I’m gonna switch and change the oil to the 80w-90 Tutela (CNH new holland) on all my tractors. HOPEFULLY it’ll make the seals last longer. I’m getting tired of doing these types of repairs every year to my NH tractors!
Give the gear oil a try and keep us informed. My John Deer Front axle wheel hub seal leaked and the replacement was a strange looking 2 piece seal. The other side never leaked.

Tractor Hydraulic is a very much hit or miss. Use a name brand will be made with correct attives and vis etc.
Over the years there seems to be a lot of "Off Brands" of these oils, many non name brands are were just base oil with AW hydrualic addtives or line wash.
Deere warns of counterfeit oils and problems they can cause so if you stay with a "UTF" fluid get a name brand.

If you’re going through seals, I wonder if something else is wrong?

Yeah, sometimes seal leaks are caused by bearing play. About THF vs gear oil in front axles, there has been a lot of discussion over on the tractorbynet boards. A lot of owners are running gear oil and I’ve never heard of a related problem. I’m running THF in mine but will probably end up changing it.

My Bolens/Iseki calls for gear oil (SAE 80) in the front axle, vs either gear or UTF in the transmission. I don't see one causing a leak over the other, but the SAE 80 is not helpful to my hydraulics in the cold.

My new holland tractor calls for 80w90 I'm the front axle. Would 75w90 full synthetic work in it? Or is this one area where sticking with 80w90 would be better. I am in a northern state so it it will see some cold weather.

My Mahindra calls for 80w90. I recently drained the factory fill (2015 model) and replaced it with the Tutela 80w90 as you mentioned from CIH. I find it odd that it would take UTF in the front diff.

Back