What flavor of HPL for 2017 Ford Escape 2.0 ecoboost

Looking at running some HPL products in the wife’s escape, it’s got around 140k miles on it and I’ll be giving it one interval of HPL EC with likely some flavor of Valvoline, not worried about specs or going up to a 40wt trying to decide really between a Euro spec or the Passenger car oil.

I have been using Quaker State 5W- 40 Euro in my 2015 2.7 F150 . Ford Ecoboosts don't seem to need any special type oil.

I have been using Quaker State 5W- 40 Euro in my 2015 2.7 F150 . Ford Ecoboosts don't seem to need any special type oil.
I’d say I agree from my usage of amsoil I want to see if the HPL can out perform the Amsoil, most I could get on SS 5w30 was about 15k miles before it was spent from fuel dilution

Outperform in what way? If you are curious about which HPL to use, call them and ask. I've heard they are very knowledgeable about their products (unlike the experts here).

Looking at running some HPL products in the wife’s escape, it’s got around 140k miles on it and I’ll be giving it one interval of HPL EC with likely some flavor of Valvoline, not worried about specs or going up to a 40wt trying to decide really between a Euro spec or the Passenger car oil.

So you are going to mix some Valvoline in with the HPL?

I'd ask Dave, but I suspect he'd just recommend their Premium 5w-30 given that you live in Missouri and clearly don't need the cold temp performance of PAO.
That’s what I’m sorta thinking, I guess I also wonder if I even need to use the EC since the car has almost exclusively ran Amsoil SS up until this last oil change

Back