What efficieny are castrol oil filters!?

Hi all! I was looking on amazon,just thinking. Might wanna try Castro 10w30 this summer.never tried it,so got that itch.or valve line dino 10w30.
Looking at Castro oil filters,very curious...mine would be CAS3387. 20,000 mile protection. But no efficiency.
I found an older post, 2016..sfx or something like that Castro filters..99.9%@25 microns.
What are the newer cAs Castro synthetic filters rated?band at 5-10 microbs?

Best bet is to find the Castrol customer sevice contact info and call or email. If Castrol doesn't show it on their website, then nobody knows but Castrol.

They appear to have switched from the more premium looking tapping plates like you'd see on a Royal Purple or older Mobil 1 filter to the cheaper style ones used on the cheap AC Delco filters, makes me suspicious if they've also switched to the cheap ~30 micron absolute media used in value segment Champ made filters.

Yes this is the game filter makers have been playing you on for years. They should all have to state on the box XX% at 20 Microns. Yes but they just think they can continues to play the apples and oranges game with you!

Ill try n call . 99.9%@25 microns is pretty good! But that was the 2016..previous filter models.

This guy,opened a newer Castro filter,Mobil 1,and red purolator. The Castrol media ripped very easy.

The Castrol media ripped very easy.

I hate videos like this because he just made the statement without showing us. Meanwhile he was very deliberate in trying to tear the Purolator in front of the camera and did not even try to tear the bosch filter media. You are welcome to take his word for it but I would take it with a grain of salt.

That all being said I have never been interested in those Castrol branded oil filters and probably never will be irregardless.

If one doesn't want to play "the game", then only buy OFs that publish their ISO 4548-12 efficiency, or a beta ratio. There are OF manufacturers that do that. Generally speaking though that will eliminate the OEM filters. They keep that info proprietary. I don't see any regulatory agency forcing the OF manufacturers to publish their efficiency ratings.

Really, if knowing the efficiency rating before buying an OF is a/the top priority, then following the first sentence recommendation only seems logical imo. Otherwise, just buy the filter of your choice, use it and move on.

As for video posted previously, the dude may be great tech, IDK. However, if that "evaluation" is representative of his filter "analysis", needs to stick to being a tech. Totally subjective, because one can tear the media with whatever hand force, doesn't prove what it will do in use. I wouldn't buy (or not buy) a filter in that vid based on his comments. In short, a waste of bandwidth, imo.

Last edited:
Are the Castrol filters,now....e core or metal inner tube? Looking on amazon,no info. Castro website doesn't list any filters.

Back