what does 'dino' mean it is not in bitog acronyms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The term "dino" is probably derived from "dinosaur", as the decomposed bodies of dinosaurs (and other organic matter) makes up crude oil.

In the interest of accuracy, I think we should drop "dino" for "conventional." Likewise I prefer the term "New Oil Analysis" to "Virgin Oil Analysis." There is nothing "virgin" about it. It has been worked over quite abusively in the refining process. Virgin oil would be the stuff that oozes out of the ground perhaps.

TP, we like to shorten things a bit when typing and so "conventional" would be written as "con". I'm sure die-hard syn (see there it is) guys wouldn't mind the connotation added to dino oil, but others might object.

Jed Clampett shot a virgin?
shocked.gif

Besides, conventional is mostly rotted plant matter with a few dinosaurs, some miscellaneous animals, and probably a couple unfortunate people in the mix.
shocked.gif

"Dino" as in dinosaur-juice. And, yes, petroleum and ultimately, coal, got their start as living, plant and animal matter (including dynosaurs) that died, the products of their decay were absorbed into the ground, and the combination of depth-related intense pressure, heat, and millions of years resulted in the substances the world is fighting over, now. (Diamonds are the last step in the process once the coal is exposed to mo' stronger and mo' hotter further pressure.) Humans came along much too late to contribute. There were only small mammals around at the time dynosaurs got wiped. Small mammals survived the cataclysm because some of 'em burrowed underground and continued evolving per the Big Guy's directives. The big scaley guys had nowhere to hide.

quote:

Humans came along much too late to contribute.

I take it you were there as an eye witness? It is only a theory that can't be proved. And it doesn't require "millions of years" contrary to popular state-sanctioned religious belief force fed to impressionable minds in the government schools.

"The big scaley guys had nowhere to hide"

Funniest thing I've read this year!

Let's keep it light, folks. Arguing over the validity of particular evolutionary theories is a pretty pointless exercise...of course if we had a chance of evolving cool stuff like gills or wings during our lifetimes it would be worth it
smile.gif

On a side note, I think it is pretty clear that dinosaurs and humans did not inhabit the earth at the same time. Had we done so, someone would have discovered a fossilized BBQ pit with TRex bones in it by now.

quote:

I take it you were there as an eye witness? It is only a theory that can't be proved. And it doesn't require "millions of years" contrary to popular state-sanctioned religious belief force fed to impressionable minds in the government schools.

Agreed!

(And I won't use the term "dino" to describe oil unless it comes in a Sinclair can.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back