What Does Castrol Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did searches in a couple of forums and didn't see anything that looked like an answer to my question...if there is something already out there, please steer me to it. Also, I posted this in this particular forum because it relates to the basic question, before we even get to the specs level, of "Why should I buy Castrol oil and is it really even 'theirs'?" What does Castrol actually do that is value added? At one time, I think they were part of Burmah-Castrol; now I hear they are part of BP. Their strongest presence seems to be in Germany. Do they refine...do they "develop chemistry"...do they blend...do they only package...who or what is the REAL Castrol? Why was their LMA brake fluid once so highly thought of? Seems like they have a real presence in racing to only be a "cardboard company." (if that is the case) Is that related to their Castor-based oils only or are they a REAL "got lots of legitimate products across the automotive spectrum" company?

Thanks.

[ July 17, 2003, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I did searches in a couple of forums and didn't see anything that looked like an answer to my question...if there is something already out there, please steer me to it. Also, I posted this in this particular forum because it relates to the basic question, before we even get to the specs level of "WHy should I buy their oil and is it really even 'theirs'?" What does Castrol actually do that is value addes and why should I buy their oil? At one time, I think they were part of Burmah-Castrol; now I hear they are part of BP. Their strongest presence seems to be in Germany. Do they refine...do they "develop chemistry"...do they blend...do they only package...who or what is the REAL Castrol? Why was their LMA brake fluid once so highly thought of? Seems like they have a real presence in racing to only be a "cardboard company." Is that related to their Castor-based oils only or are they a REAL "got lots of legitimate products across the automotive spectrum" company?

Thanks.

they are a blender with their idea of what an oil should be like. and a great marketing campaign no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back