What do you use to shop for cheap used cars?

I found both my trucks on Craigslist. Both reasonably priced. Most people now post the vehicles under the auto parts category since it costs to list an ad now for vehicles. eBay is another good one, that is if you can find a vehicle in your area. Also ask around. That’s what I did once and that’s how I ended up with my beetle. I would of never known it was for sale if I didn’t know someone, it was going to be listed on Craigslist but I came up with the money and the owner told me I could have it. I get people stopping by my house occasionally asking if I have any of my vehicles for sale. Actually they ask just about everyone in my neighborhood because there are tons of cars sitting around sometimes so asking definitely couldn’t hurt.

My 300ZX came from a Chevrolet dealership in Dallas (was the dealership owner's wife's car that she traded in on a Suburban) and my Accord came from a Honda dealership in Houston.

I live in a retirement community in AZ...I picked up a 1991 BMW 325 4 door for 2500 bucks with 89k miles in 2003.....the women had got it from her sister who had passed and she was 76 and did not drive anymore.....It was in almost perfect shape other than a few small door dings She was putting a sale sign on it parked in her drive way...It was about 7 am and i was going to work.....I had 150 bucks on me and gave it to her and told her i would be back when banks open.....say 9:30 with the cash.....other than bad tires it looked and started up OK....I could not get over my luck.
I put on 4 new Bridgestone tires at Costco ....changed the oil to Valvoline 10w-40 had a BMW dude tune it up....he said if i ever wanted to sell it he would buy it.
The little Bimmer ran....i drove it to S.D. 3-4 times doing over 100 mph on I-8 through Yuma AZ in 120 degree weather....never missed a beat.
I drove it for several years up to around 155k miles when the auto trans started to slip.....I sold it for 6500.....best 2500 i ever spent.

I know you said no newspapers, but that's where old people sell cars and you can find some nice ones there.

In 2015 I had a hard time on Craigslist finding a Camry. They were in bad shape or I showed up and the A/C didn't work and the radiator fans had speaker wire taped to power it with a toggle switch. I looked in the newspaper and found my Camry, in great shape the guy was selling it for his dad who went into a nursing home. So I used a newspaper and I was only 20!

Facebook marketplace is the only real game in town here in Middle GA. I bought my tractor and multiple cars off of it and have also sold everything I've ever listed in under a week. Including a $18k CRV, so not just cheap stuff.
Funny - I find much better ads if I choose Macon. The people are not so scary and the prices are lower. It's just a long way for me to go from Marietta.

Back