What do you think of Boss oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a 100% Group III syn oil my local supplier is selling for $2.75 per litre Canadian. (I dont represent or sell this oil) I figure it is a great find for price point and passing it on in here..

5W-30 Boss Hi Performance Blue ZR-1 Synthetic SM according to the Bottle Label on API rating (the spec sheet says it can be used in light duty diesel and listed as SM CD on spec sheet but not the API certification on bottle label)

Exceeds SM and ILSAC GF-4, Ford ESE-M2C153-E, GM 6094-M, Chrysler factory fill, MIL-L-46152-E.

Recommended for passenger cars, pickups, motorcycles, stationary engines, competitive racing, high reving (turbo charged) import/domestic small engines and light duty diesel applications (not for heavy duty diesel criticle truck engines).

Visc @ 40C 58.2
Visc @100C 10.5
Visc CP@ -30C 4341
Visc index 173
Flash Point 234
Fire Point 246
Pour Point -43C
TBN 9

Appearance bright and clear.

My supplier and my research says the low price of $2.75 Can per litre for this Group III SM oil is because Boss does Pulsur mixing (air mixing), use new high technology in refining and pass on saving to customer and dont advertize.

I am trying out this oil in my son's OLDS 3.1, cant wait to try it on my 87 Nissan truck and if all works out then my 05 QR25DE, maybe goodbye to $5.00 litre 0-30 XD3 for gasser use, this stuff nearly half cost and a pretty good SM rated oil IMO. hope to do some analysis on it.

In looking at the specs above on this Boss SM oil, I find it is not much shy of Esso XD3 0-30 CI-4 SL syn oil, my thinking is this Boss oil is a pretty beefy SM syn oil and may be easier on the cats on my gassers without too much sacrifice from 0-30 XD3, dont think I would put it in my Cummins.

Does it seem like a good choice and deal at $2.75 per litre Can?

I have also compared Boss 0-40 and 0-30 HDEO lines of syn oil to XD3 0-40 and 0-30, nearly identicle in specs. Boss actually has one HDEO with a TBN of 14. I have also compared the 15-40 dinos too which is what I have been using on my cummins in summer,the specs are nearly identicle.

Boss has offices in Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Toronto.

Like Esso, Boss oil backs up their products with warrantee.

www.bosslubricants.ca look under specs

what do you all think.

Cyprs

Its an amazing deal for a regular price of $2.75/litre - you can't even got most DINO's for that price! TBN looks nice and high for an oil that cheap....hmmm, now i'm going to have to try and find it!

I find this interesting about this Boss Oil too, the 5-30 Boss SM dino is the same price as this Boss 5-30 SM 100% syn oil, $2.75 per litre for either, they sit side by side on the shelf same price, go figure?

addyguy, did you try the website out to locate a dealer, I found this stuff by accident, my safety supply shop used to sell Esso, I went in and found they dropped Esso for Boss, I figure it is a good find, as I said, the HEDO line of Boss meets or beats Esso HDEOs too. You could probably find a dealer near you using "contact us" on the boss website and emailing Boss like I did, I asked quite a few questions on my inquiry to them yesterday, waiting for their response.

Cyprs

There is a Toronto office contact available on the Boss Website under "contact us" BennyL. Boss should be able to tell you of a supplier in Toronto.

Cyprs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back