What do you think of Becks beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the dark but the normal pilsner? Is it any good?? They have it on sale $12 for a 12 pk at my local grocery store.

Good stuff. One of my favorites too. As a matter of fact, there is some in the fridge right now. [censored], I'm going to have one right now. The lager is good too. I could mention all sorts of my favorite brands, but I will have to stick to the topic......Becks! Mmmmmmmmmm

Its a far cry from an exotic beer. Very commercialized beer. They aren't bad, I drink a becks or a becks dark once in a great while.

Up here they go about $8.99 plus deposit for a 6 pack. A dollar a piece is a very good deal.

well I bought the Becks and its good. A lot like heineken but these are good and not skunked like most of the beer I have in green bottles. I think the key is buying them in the closed 12pks instead of the open six packs. I have to say that I like warsteiner a little better but at almost $10 a six pack for the warsteiner to $12 a 12pk of Becks I'm happy with my purchase. The normal price is $14.99 a 12pk so even at normal price its still cheaper.

Originally Posted By: Oilpants
I dont care much for them exotic german bears!!

I agree. I found some German bears on eBay and didn't care for them either. Not sure if they would be considered exotic, though.

But speaking of exotic German beer, which ones have you tried so far and didn't care for?

I would give it a C- grade.

Everytime I've drank it, is was metallic tasting, and kind of skunky.

I will drink Beck's if it is free. I would not by it with my own money.

St Pauli Girl and Schnieder Wiesse

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
But speaking of exotic German beer, which ones have you tried so far and didn't care for?

Becks is good, especially at $6 per 6.

To go a long way towards keeping the metallic taste away, you should wipe the top of bottles with foil around the cap. If I remember, Becks has foiled caps. Wiping the top helps.

Originally Posted By: Oilpants
St Pauli Girl and Schnieder Wiesse

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

St pauli girl is made in Germany by Becks but its not even sold in Germany! Its an export only beer. That I suppose should tell you something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back