What do you think I should offer for this Mercedes?

It’s never that simple with German cars. A blown Seat fuse/motor also means there’s 15 other things wrong with it. Might not effect how it drives but will effect it’s value as the features don’t work.

Plus it’s about tax time so the tax return ballers are out for that type of car. Hence why it sold so quick, probably at asking price.

Coming soon, to a 'hood near you... It's likely to get 22" chrome wheels and completely tinted.

+1 on dodging a bullet; no such thing as a cheap German auto that doesn't need lotsa work.

Coming soon, to a 'hood near you... It's likely to get 22" chrome wheels and completely tinted.

+1 on dodging a bullet; no such thing as a cheap German auto that doesn't need lotsa work.
I can remember seeing a Mercedes S600 or maybe it was an S65 AMG, that had 22s on it with some awful "Chameleon" paint job listed on Chicago Craigslist years ago.

Yep... I know a thing or two 'cause I've seen a thing or two (pum, pud um, pum pum, pum pum)

Just walk away. Whenever you see a cheap Mercedes, and the seller says, “it just needs a _____” you know you’re being lied to.

If it just needed a fuse, he would’ve put one in. There’s a lot more going on with that car. The plugs you propose are wrong, and won’t help it run better. You need to put it on a STAR/DAS system and have it read out, because it’s probably got about 30 things wrong with it.

Fuel Pump.jpg

The 2003 was probably one of the 2nd worst years for the W211 platform. I'd have to say the 2006 was the worst with the balance shaft problem. Main problem was the original radiator which leaked into the transmission fluid and ruined the transmission. You also had 2 spark plugs per cylinder for that engine. The 2003-2006 had SBC brakes but that had a 25 year extended warranty on them. There is an extended 15 year warranty on the fuel tank, but that would be expired on a 2003. If you want one to flip, try a 2008 or 2009 model, most issues were fixed by then and the newer face lifted model got rid of SBC and the extended warranty on the fuel tank would still be intact. They also had more options, that one was basically a pretty base model, don't really see any good options on it aside from having real leather. You should also get a scanner that does MB specific codes.

Oh yeah, the hood ornaments on eBay are junk. I tried that once, figured how bad can a fake hood ornament be? Well it didn't fit right, had to take a piece off the old one to get it to lock in and now some of the chrome is rusting away and it doesn't bounce back when touched. A real one is more like $40.

It’s never that simple with German cars. A blown Seat fuse/motor also means there’s 15 other things wrong with it. Might not effect how it drives but will effect it’s value as the features don’t work.
Exactly. Blown fuse, if that were truly the only issue he would have replaced it and not said a word. Bad module, ruined seat motor or a short somewhere, big $$ to fix properly without a source of parts and plenty of time to diagnose. You have to consider why the fuse blew in the first place, they're certainly not wear items.

Exactly. Blown fuse, if that were truly the only issue he would have replaced it and not said a word. Bad module, ruined seat motor or a short somewhere, big $$ to fix properly without a source of parts and plenty of time to diagnose. You have to consider why the fuse blew in the first place, they're certainly not wear items.
I believe one problem is that the seat goes bad and kills the battery so you could pop the fuse to stop it from draining the battery. I forget what the fix was.

I believe one problem is that the seat goes bad and kills the battery so you could pop the fuse to stop it from draining the battery. I forget what the fix was.
seat modules. you can bypass the constant 12V feed and make it come on with the ignition

I found this 2005 Honda Accord. No such thing as an EX-L touring. So, it's either an EX V6 or EX-L V6. I can't tell.

Seems like a **** steal. Looks like it just needs a new Hood. I could probably find a black one at a junkyard.

What should I offer him? Trad-in value ranges from $2,224-$3,317 in fair shape. Auction value is $1,625-$1,800 (that's what he would get for the car if he trades it in).

A new hood from a junkyard would roughly cost $200? Change the oil and filters give it a good clean and I'm looking at a rough total of $300 into the car.

I can list it for around $7k and sell it for $5k-$6k

It’s a V6 EX which all came with leather. The exl was only available with the 4 cyl. I‘d prob skip it since the trans with the V6 had issues. Not to mention the damage and this car is prob already a flip.

It’s a V6 EX which all came with leather. The exl was only available with the 4 cyl. I‘d prob skip it since the trans with the V6 had issues. Not to mention the damage and this car is prob already a flip.
Can the trans really be bad?

It's hardly got 100k miles.

I asked him for the Vin so I can get a legit auction value and I think he blocked me 💀😭

They were better than the 03 to 04 but not by much. The 4 cyl version was much better. An 06 to 07 4cyl would be excellent if it were maintained correctly. You can check out driveaccord.net and carcomplaints.com as references.

They were better than the 03 to 04 but not by much. The 4 cyl version was much better. An 06 to 07 4cyl would be excellent if it were maintained correctly. You can check out driveaccord.net and carcomplaints.com as references.
Welp, on to the next one.

The guy blocked me. Seems shady to block someone because they asked for the vin

Might have revealed a salvage title even though ad says clean title. Which is why he doesn’t want to give it out and wait for a buyer that doesn’t ask.

Back