What do you think about Castrol synthetic oil filter?

I use it on the 04 Corolla. I mean it's not the best and it's not the worst. I change my oil every 8,000 km anyways so it is a overkill filter for the application.

Seems to be good construction and well built. Also I see you are in CAN, Canadian Tire has them on sale from time to time.

About five years ago, they were made by Champion Laboratories and were about on a par with the Mobil1 filters made there. Not sure about today's version. The older ones had an attractive green paint scheme. The new ones are black and appear to be a Fram Ultra-like design.

Last edited:
Whip City Wrencher cut one open (a CAS7317), looks like a Champ Ecore with a silicone ADBV, DOES NOT appear to be full synthetic! Looks a lot like the ST MP7317 or K&N HP-1010-a 99% @ 30 micron BLEND rock catcher. $9.81 is not a very good price, either…

Whip City Wrencher cut one open (a CAS7317), looks like a Champ Ecore with a silicone ADBV, DOES NOT appear to be full synthetic! Looks a lot like the ST MP7317 or K&N HP-1010-a 99% @ 30 micron BLEND rock catcher. $9.81 is not a very good price, either…
Oh.... not great filtering! Thanks for this detail

Synthetic oil filters? Aren't they all? I mean, I never heard of natural oil filters.
Cellulose is wood type products ... last I checked, wood was natural for a "natural" type filter. ;) Synthetic media, just means it's not 100% natural cellulose type of materials.

Back