What do you think about Alpaca socks (and/or Alpaca clothing, in general)?

I'm thinking of getting my Wife some Alpaca socks. I like what they "say" about Alpaca, i.e., it's warmer and softer than wool, breaths better, etc.

Is this just a bunch of hooey marketing, or is Alpaca clothing worth the $$$ and as good as they claim it is?

Thank you!

Ed

I have a winter hunting coat that is 75% wool, 25% alpaca. Warmest coat to wear for its weight. I have had it for many years and it wears very well.

alpaca is a type of wool + my 50% alpaca + other wool is great!! search + learn as like stainless steels wools are many.

I e-mailed the company and they replied...

"Thank you for reaching out. Our socks are made with a blend of 42% alpaca fleece, 27% nylon, 28% acrylic and 3% spandex. All other products are made with 100% alpaca fleece."

Ed

I e-mailed the company and they replied...

"Thank you for reaching out. Our socks are made with a blend of 42% alpaca fleece, 27% nylon, 28% acrylic and 3% spandex. All other products are made with 100% alpaca fleece."

Ed
The higher the alpaca content the better the properties of the socks in terms of warm retention and breathability. 40-50% alpaca content is sufficient. An alpaca/bamboo mix is good.

Back