What do you put on your fries other than salt or ketchup?

I just got a 5 pound bag of frozen crinkle cut fries for $3 and have been trying out different ways other than just salt and ketchup. It already is in oil so it's been working pretty well in an air fryer. Tajin worked pretty well even though it's low on salt. I have Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, which gives and interesting kick.

I've seen a few other things. One tapas place had these cumin dusted fries that were pretty good, although those were more wedge fries.

Fajita seasoning, which admittedly is mostly salt, is good on freshly fried (still hot) fries. A little rosemary in the blend is good too.

In one restaurant I frequented, I would get a small cup of ranch to dip fries. That restaurant had "Italian fries" with a mixture of spices and herbs that was good. One of the main spices in that blend was mild paprika.

When I was in Warsaw, Poland years ago on vacation, fries were very popular. They call them Belgium fries and have a broad array of sauces to choose from.

I like several different types of dipping sauces for fries:

-ketchup covered in black pepper
-various varieties of BBQ sauce (spicy and honey varieties go well with fries)
-thousand island dressing
-chipotle mayo (can be made by simply mixing chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with mayo)
-buttermilk ranch (not regular ranch)
-salsa (the spicier the better)
-for a "Cool Ranch" spin, mix salsa with buttermilk ranch. Don't knock it til you try it
-Chick-fil-a sauce (apparently a mix of honey mustard, bbq and ranch)
-last but not least, vanilla shake!

I'm not a fan of extra salt. It's terrible for your blood pressure and fries typically have some sodium in them already. Plus whatever sauce you're dipping into has its own sodium content.

We air fry our fries and they come out just as crispy as frying in oil.

I sometimes get adventurous and mix different combinations of mayo, buttermilk ranch, bbq sauces, mustard, etc. Each time is random and unique. ;)

Back