What do you guys think of this wheel on my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look good to me, but i am a fan of a good mix to function and form. I would probably look just as good in a slightly smaller size. I would be somewhat worried about the total wheel weight. In my experience anything more than about 4 lbs per wheel is noticeable and not exactly fun. but it can be worth it for the wider tire.

If the roads that you drive on have no potholes then more power to you. But in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania the roads have potholes that would destroy wheels like that.

+1, for the actual wheel style. -1, for the size and ridiculous aspect ratio.

It's a Civic dude, nothing looks goofier than meat loaf trying to pass as sirloin.

Originally Posted By: Noey

It's a Civic dude, nothing looks goofier than meat loaf trying to pass as sirloin.

It's actually an Accord but nice try
thumbsup2.gif

+1

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
These were my old wheels. Sold them over the winter. They were very heavy at 33 pound a piece for just the wheel. Standard cast wheel, nothing special.

I go for that smash the fender look. I cut it close but have about an 1/8 inch to spare when the car is flexed out.

do

I think those look awesome but like the other ones a bit better. They really make the car stand out. Your car looks great!

Originally Posted By: abycat
These were my old wheels. Sold them over the winter. They were very heavy at 33 pound a piece for just the wheel. Standard cast wheel, nothing special.

I go for that smash the fender look. I cut it close but have about an 1/8 inch to spare when the car is flexed out.

do

I think those look awesome but like the other ones a bit better. They really make the car stand out. Your car looks great!

Thanks man!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I like the one you sold better. Also, the 18" fits the Accord better than 20".

It's your car, if you like the 20" go for it. You had 20" wheel before so you know how hash the ride was.

thumbsup2.gif

Same difference. Still makes it look like a clown car. Oversized wheels always scream at me, more money than sense. Or a fool and his money are soon parted. But it's always fun when other people egg on others to spend more money on things they don't need and that don't make sense. I would just save the money and step up to an Acura, Lexus or even BMW/Audi/Mercedes. Way nicer rides without the pounding that a 20 inch wheel will give you.

Aside from being in the "too big" crowd, I like it. Looks like a nicely modified later BMW 3 series coupe, but with better reliability and fuel economy.

If I were in your shoes, I'd rock 'em! No doubt about it!

As strictly for an aggresive stance? Sure.
But our infrastructure is deteriorating at an unprecedented rate. Back in my 20s and 30s? I'd love the look, but not now for that reason as well as detracting from the factory ride comfort. But it really doesn't matter what we think OP. If you like them, have at it.

Originally Posted By: wemay
As strictly for an aggresive stance? Sure.
But our infrastructure is deteriorating at an unprecedented rate. Back in my 20s and 30s? I'd love the look, but not now for that reason as well as detracting from the factory ride comfort. But it really doesn't matter what we think OP. If you like them, have at it.

Yes, it doesn't really matter what any of us think of the Emperor's new clothes. All we know is that the tailor is laughing all the way to the bank.

I actually like your old ones better as well.

The proposed new ones do look good though, I think they would look better in a bit less aggressive sizing.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

thumbsup2.gif

Same difference. Still makes it look like a clown car. Oversized wheels always scream at me, more money than sense. Or a fool and his money are soon parted. But it's always fun when other people egg on others to spend more money on things they don't need and that don't make sense. I would just save the money and step up to an Acura, Lexus or even BMW/Audi/Mercedes. Way nicer rides without the pounding that a 20 inch wheel will give you.

I'm not sure how you can say more money than sense, yet you suggest he buy a luxury brand? A luxury brand will lose him more money than a set of wheels will. Trust me, I know.

Not to mention most luxury vehicles are on 20" wheels to begin with nowadays.

Things we don't need? Things that don't make sense? So you must drive a base model no-frills car and buy all of your clothes at Wal-Mart? Wouldn't buying a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Acura, or Lexus fall into the same category of "not necessary" as these wheels?

Funny to me that you would be ok with an Acura with "oversized" wheels from the factory, but the same car with a Honda badge, and the same size wheels but aftermarket, is somehow different in your mind?

Please, get over yourself.

The "double 5 spoke" or "forked5 spoke" design of your new wheels is a proven winner.
Volvo originated the style I believe and Mercedes-Benz tweaked it.
Imitation is the sincerest flattery.

In that size they look silly on that car, imRo (in my Requested opinion). Best of motoring joy, Kira

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: Wolf359

thumbsup2.gif

I'm not sure how you can say more money than sense, yet you suggest he buy a luxury brand? A luxury brand will lose him more money than a set of wheels will. Trust me, I know.

Not to mention most luxury vehicles are on 20" wheels to begin with nowadays.

Things we don't need? Things that don't make sense? So you must drive a base model no-frills car and buy all of your clothes at Wal-Mart? Wouldn't buying a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Acura, or Lexus fall into the same category of "not necessary" as these wheels?

Funny to me that you would be ok with an Acura with "oversized" wheels from the factory, but the same car with a Honda badge, and the same size wheels but aftermarket, is somehow different in your mind?

Please, get over yourself.

Seriously. You nailed it. Exactly What I was thinking.

I thought about going the luxury car route when I bought my Accord and I could not justify the 10 to 15 grand price difference over my loaded Accord. $1500 for a set of wheels is a lot cheaper then a new car and I would probably end up spending money on wheels, tint, lowering kit for the luxury car so it does not look like every other Audi A4 or Acura TL sitting in the Starbucks parking lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back