What do you guys think of the 09 Aveo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CBDFrontier06
New four-in-one sheet metal exhaust manifold, with integrated catalytic converter and secondary underfloor catalytic converter
Aisin four-speed automatic(same company that has supplied MB AND VOLVO all the way back to the late 70's wiht their 4 speed autos..and if you know how reliable and bullit-proof those trannies are, it should prove VERY reliable in the Aveo).

I have a bunch of them:

None have been rebuilt, and I have all records for all of them. After 30 years, they shift well too... Just need to make sure bowden cables and vacuum modulators are set up right.

What do you guys think of the Chevrolet Daewoo 09 Aveo ?

37.gif

Originally Posted By: jeepman
I just bought an 08 Aveo5 LS with 21k on it for 9k out the door 3 months ago.

You did good. That vehicle will serve you well and you didn't have to spend a ton in the process.

Joel

Ummm... Aisin is also Toyota's tranny supplier for decades. They have NEVER supplied Mercedes with their gearboxes - Mercedes either builds them in-house or sources them from ZF. Daewoo uses quite a few Jatco/Nissan trannies as well. Holden builds the motor, or at least the engine is designed in Australia.

I've drove a Aveo around the lot at my old job, and I thought even Detroit's worst pales in comparison to this car. Cheap, flimsy plastics and a hoarse motor that would make even a B&S lawnmower engine happy. Its saving grace was that it was decently comfortable and it's a ideal city car - if you live in LA or San Francisco.

GM and Suzuki saved Daewoo in the 1990s-2000s. I'd much rather ride the bus than drive an Aveo. I say look at its countrymates - the Hyundai Accent or Kia Rio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back