What do you guys think about Royal Purple oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by YZF150:
Why? It started out as a major slam fest. We don't need another one of those going on, do we?

I am probably one of the biggest fans of Royal Purple on this site. I think this entire post is a good tribute to an oil that I consider a major player in the synthetic arena. I do not use it personally because of cost, but many of my friends do with rave reviews.
I have absolutely Zero interest in this Company. No free hat or oil or other considerations. My own opinion only on this Company and products.

Tony, br

[ July 12, 2003, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

What brought this one back from the dead? Why, of a sudden, is it on page one of the current posts?

[ July 12, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: YZF150 ]

hey bror, don't talk bad about ron popiel! i just bought one of his rotisere ovens and ever since i put my amsoil sticker on it, the cornish hens seem to cook much faster and the grease that drains off them seems to be much clearer and cooler as well...lol penz

I was lookin' here 'n there on this forum and I noticed that this thread had been brought back to the top ... with no new post evident.
confused.gif

Perhaps someone posted in it and one of the stewards removed the entire post?
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

Nope, no posts were removed from this thread. A moderator simply bumped it up to the top again by posting something himself, then deleting his own post, which then leaves the thread in that new higher spot on the thread list.

[ July 15, 2003, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

I found the Royal Purple thread! I found it! RP!

Yes this is a bump. I've been looking for a good thread on RP cause people keep asking about it...and va la. Here we go. So I'm going to say RP a bunch of times in my post, RP this, RP that, put your RP in, put your RP out, put your royal purple in, and shake it all about.

Royal Purple! Hopefully Royal Purple will now show up more often, in the RP search function, when people search for Royal Purple, wondering how RP oil's work, in their Royal Purple Engines.

So everyone have a wonderful RP day.

Happy Royal Purpling!.

Btw good thread.

Bror Jace, I agree with you on a lot of points. The websites for Royal Purple are an insult to anyone wanting solid information about their products!
I almost did not buy MaxGear because their site was so bad and PRRPL was so inflamatory. I am happy with their MAxGear product inspite of their horrably marketing. Prrpll was very inflamatory when I asked for more technical information insead of marketing physco-babbel! He went into a deffensive rant!

You would think that at an oil enthusist site someone might want a better answere then "See their site"!

I too have often wonderwed what percentage they are calling carrier oil. Is it .05% or is it 1% or is it 20% etc......

I have also woundered why their oil shears out so much. Most of the very few UOA we have on this site of RP show a lot of shearing! If synerlac is the anti wear portion that is important why not beef up their base stock a bit?

So, Prrpl I have purchased product and am testing it right now. In spite of their web site and you inflamtory treatment I do give out positive recomendations of the product based on my limited usuage of it. I can not help but think that you would treat people much better if they knew wich RP site was yours. When your comments affect your bank account it is easier to be patient with potential customers. Customer service is just as important on the internet as it is in the real world. It is actualy much more important to choose your words wisely. On the internet we lack body launge and infection to judge the true meaning of the words. Context alone can be very confuseing!

Remember that our ignorance of your product is a chance to make us customers by educateing us on your product! When you loose your patients with just one person millions get to see it on the internet!

Good Luck to all involved!!! I look forward to seeing some technical discussions on RP!!!

P.S. 59 Vetteman, Your endoresment of RP as a quality product made all the difference to me. I respected your endorsement and tried it only because you said it was a good product. I have been happy with. MaxGear 75W90!

[ June 06, 2004, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: JohnBrowning ]

I see that Istook Racing is sponsored by Royal Purple. They are no joke, qualified 1&2 last week and held off the blasted 7/8 scale "cheater" Cadillic CTS for most of the race. Istook Racing vs GM. Anyway, the guys at the Speed Shop gave me a discount on the Royal Purple GL4&5 75w-90 it came out to $7/q. It says Full Synth on the label. The Istook sponsorship made the diffrence for me selecting Royal Purple.
grin.gif

How funny. I saw that $3.99 per quart for RP posted by Patman and thought I'd hit the motherload. 4 year old string, got me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back