what do you guys think about Prestone products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4-5 years ago Consumer Reports conducted a test of various automotive waxes ... Prestone Bullet wax was rated #1. According to Prestone their current wax is the same as the Bullet wax, just a different name.

I haven't used anything except their antifreeze and brake fluid for 40 years. No problems, but I was more comfortable with them when they were still Union Carbide and not owned by Fram.

Just waxed my Camry with Prestone yesterday, resulted in a really nice shine.

A few things about the CR report I neglected to mention;
They tested mostly OTC waxes, I think the cheap version of Zymol was the most expensive wax tested.

This test took place around 4 years ago, I don't think Mother's Reflections, Meguiars' NXT or Eagles Nanowax were on the market yet. IOW, I don't think CR tested any of the new, inexpensive synthetic waxes.

They rated Prestone highly for looks and it was also the most durable (IIRC) of any wax in the test. The test did include many popular waxes such as Mothers Original Carnuba and Meguiars Cleaner/Wax.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on that info. I have a subscription to the CR website, but the report doesn't seem to be online. I really like the Prestone wax. Very, very easy to apply and remove, doesn't leave behind any residue, and doesn't stain trim at all.

My only concern is the percentage of Petroleum Distillates they use. I'm not certain how much is in the wax, I emailed Prestone's website tech support and requested a copy of the MSDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back