What do you guys do for your wife for Valentines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if I'm the only one spending 1/2 my life savings.

Rented the limo, reservations at the fancy rest. bottle of champagne for the ride etc....

I guess its one of the few times to show appreciation in a big way.....

Well..there is nothing wrong with that. It's probably a great thing for the two of you.

I guess all couples are different. We have been married for 37 years and for us just little things we do for each other mean a lot. For instance..me having her hot tea ready when she wakes up. Just little stuff but it reinforces a message that I still lovbe her.

Now to the question at hand..We do absolutely nothing for Valantine's day. Maybe I will this year though.

We eat my birthday cake on Valentine's Day. I bake it.
fruit.gif

I kick her in the a** and demand to know where my dinner is!

Yeah, right.

It happens to be my wife's birthday, and most of my focus is on that. Besides, my wife has the same view of Valentines Day as most of the women I really respect. They recognize it as a day designed to make men feel anxious and guilty.

I can't stand Valentines Day. I feel like I'm being put to the test or something. I'm sure all the stores and other businesses love it. I suppose I'll go to the store, like all the other whipped and guilty looking men I'll see, and pick up something that will show my "spontaneaus" love for her.

I stick with simple jewlerly, earings are nice and rings with red stones. Although black pearl earings are in fashion these days. Other than that I tell her everyday how lucky I am.
cheers.gif

I usually send her 12 red roses at work. This usually gets me placed up on some pedestal by all of her co-workers, who all happen to be female. She has no choice but to love the roses by the time all of these other women get done giving her crap all day. They all think I'm the best
grin.gif

quote:

But I am becoming a bit suspicious about all the checks she's been writing to Raul the pool boy. Funny thing is we don't even have a pool. And why the sudden urgency about me having a million dollar double indemnity life insurance policy. Since I got the policy everything she cooks seems to smell like almonds [I dont know] . Love, "ain't" it great [Big Grin] !

Whimsey

Maybe get a bunch of tulips for Valentine's Day and take up knife throwing as a hobby. Then, if your food still tastes like almonds, fix her brakes.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

A) Post-Nuptial documents to be signed off

B) A case of Redline 10W30

Well you know Redline is red kinda goes with the whole valentine's thing ... GC would work well for a St. Patricks day gift.

*jk*

Marriage yuck nope not for me-

I guess I'm lucky. My wife is happy if I remember to get her a card. Heck, she even reminds a week before Valentines day. What a gal
wink.gif
! Of course we'll only be married 4 years in April, so were still romantic
twak.gif
. But I am becoming a bit suspicious about all the checks she's been writing to Raul the pool boy. Funny thing is we don't even have a pool. And why the sudden urgency about me having a million dollar double indemnity life insurance policy. Since I got the policy everything she cooks seems to smell like almonds
dunno.gif
. Love, "ain't" it great
grin.gif
!

Whimsey

card, dinner, flowers.

little slap and tickle.

grin.gif

that's a normal year; this year i'm going to motocross and she's out of town as well, so not much.

Lets's keep the world safe from Valantines Day
rolleyes.gif

"This Valentine's Day, I am going to buy my wife flowers instead of chocolate. The chocolate companies have the leverage and clout to stop this suffering. But if corporate responsibility is lacking, Congress will be obliged to act," the Iowa Democrat said." (He is concerned about slave labor in the cholocate industry) Let's hope he never buys something in Walmart.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050210/pl_nm/congress_chocolate_dc

My wife served me with divorce papers last year, right before Valentines Day.

So I really hope she wasn't disappointed that I didn't get her anything. I do hope her boyfriend (18 years older than her) did something nice for her.

I've since met "Oilbabe" and she got me a 5 qt jug of the new Mobil 1 extended life oil, in the 5W30 weight
wink.gif
for Valentine's Day.

So divorce is treating me well, and I'm treating oilbabe well.

TB

My wife does voulunteer teaching on Mondays till 9:00PM. When she got home, I had a bottle of Cabernet open and her glass poured. 2 Filets on the grill, asparagus with lemon butter sauce and a nice hard crust roll. I set the table with a red cloth, gold chargers (she knows I don't care for that stuff.) and we had a candle light romantic supper and exchanged cards.

quote:

Originally posted by medic:
I usually send her 12 red roses at work. This usually gets me placed up on some pedestal by all of her co-workers, who all happen to be female. She has no choice but to love the roses by the time all of these other women get done giving her crap all day. They all think I'm the best
grin.gif

Women LOVE when you send them flowers at their place of work.I think they like the attention from their female coworkers more than they like the idea of getting them from you.

I bought my wife a doz and a 1/2 of roses and took her out to a $120 dinner at a japanese steak house. she was happy, I was happy ( the food was awesome!!!!!!!!!)

-Bret

We went to Roys in Palm Springs. It was Hawian Fusion type eats......The lobster pot stickers were awesome! Very cool place.....We went with our neighbors. it was a great time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back