What do you do with your used oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what everyone does with their used oil... I store my gear lubes, engine lubes, and all other petrol or synthetic lubes in empty plastic Tide laundry detergent containers. When all 6 are full I bring them to Kragen to empty out.

The oil goes into two 5 gallon containers and then it goes to the local municipal landfill where it goes into 55 gallon used oil drums where they send it off for recycling. Or if I'm lazy it goes to Jiffy Lube where it goes into their containers and into many unsuspecting motorists vehicles that use Jiffy Lube for their vehicles. ...j/k, but I do bring it to Jiffy Lube or Valvoline Instant Oil Change places because they are the closest places to my house to drop it off without a hassle.

I take it to the Iffy Lube down the street and pour it in their oil catcher, or the AZ and pour it in their oil container in the back. It sickens me to know that some people still dump it wherever they see fit (creek, field, etc..)
nono.gif
mad.gif

I gather all of mine in a 5 gallon container. Drive a few miles and pour it down my ******* neighbors well. So do the other ranchers around here....she moved down here fron New York...has sued everybody and been a total *****. We have all tried to make her feel welcomed...but she want's to change us all....get rid of our cattle....just hug trees and sing Bee Gee's Greatest Hits...good luck lady....how does that Royal Purple taste anyway?

quote:

I gather all of mine in a 5 gallon container. Drive a few miles and pour it down my ******* neighbors well. So do the other ranchers around here....she moved down here fron New York...has sued everybody and been a total *****. We have all tried to make her feel welcomed...but she want's to change us all....get rid of our cattle....just hug trees and sing Bee Gee's Greatest Hits...good luck lady....how does that Royal Purple taste anyway?

I had a neighbor like that once. She put a note in every ones paper box quoting a local ordinance that gave her the right to shoot ones dog if it chanced on her land. So I shot her 700 lb pig when it escaped onto my land. I could here her calling seweee!, right before I fired. I've been eating free bacon for about 10 yrs.

snoboy LOL LOL HAHAHAHAHa that is FUNNY I just got done working almost 14 hours Thanks I needed that!! HAHAHA

Up here, Canadian Tire accepts used oil for recycling. I pour the used oil into old 1L/4L oil bottles/jugs, sometimes empty 4L window washer jugs if there are any in the garage, and bring it to them.

Our county runs a little recycling/hazmat depot where you can take just about anything: old car batteries, paint, chemicals of any sort, and of course, used motor oil. I stop by there once or twice a year with about 10 gallons of oil and whatever else gathers in the corner of the garage that didn't seem appropriate to go out with the weekly trash pickup.

Having lived in Canberra, where there's 95plus percent recycling of engine oil, I moved to Lithgow.

Rang the council about it, and the advice was to "screw the lid on really tight, and send it to landfill".

When I enquired how screwing the lid on really tight would prevent the container rupturing when driven over by a 'dozer, the reply was "not much else we CAN do".

So it goes in the bin with the rest of the rubbish, sans that that I can give away to people with oil furnaces, blackberries that need burning etc.

I tried to get work to install a disposal facility piped to the boilers (I thought good P.R.)...insurance beat us on that one.

My buddies and I bring our street rods to old back roads and pour the oil on our tires to do burn outs!
lol.gif

Seriously,I have a 15 quart container I empty at Advance auto parts or Autozone.
patriot.gif

I take it to my county's recycling facility - filters, old batteries, and all.

It's an awesome facility, free of charge, and only about three miles away. Plus, it's open on Saturdays.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back