What do you do if you quarantine at home?

No discussion on that forbidden subject. Say you have 5 days to be in isolation and you have mild symptom but your family tested negative, what would you do if you can't help your family in cooking cleaning pickup drop off, just you in your little room with a laptop and maybe 8 hrs of work day then 8 hrs of sleep?

Netflix? Studying for interview?

Do those mild symptoms include vomiting and or diarrhea? Those afflictions are a real buzzkill when trying to work out. Do I get a quarantine bucket?

if you work from home , well you know that answer , if you dont work from home , i think 5 days of working on your tan , or reside the house , depends how ambitious you are

Go nuts?

sorry…

When the wife was in isolation she seemed to take it in stride, but she is an introvert. and got the bedroom while i got the couch…

lots of youtube and idle websurfing would be my guess.

Do those mild symptoms include vomiting and or diarrhea? Those afflictions are a real buzzkill when trying to work out. Do I get a quarantine bucket?
That sounds pretty severe to me. Let's say it is cough and fatigue only. You cannot do heavy physical work but you are not near death either.

With all the TV, streaming, movies, books, chatboards, YouTube videos, etc, etc in the world, you should be able to occupy yourself at least half of your free time. Get more than 8 hrs sleep, helps your body heal and repair itself.

There are tons of streaming services out there and lots of shows out there that have been out for a few seasons. Do a search for top 100 streaming shows and figure out what you want to watch. Stranger things season 4 just came out and everyone kept raving about it so I finally watch it. If you only have 5 days, it's either worth the initial small monthly fee or for some services like Amazon Prime, you can get a free 30 day trial and that includes the videos. I have 4 Amazon account with different emails, but I use the same credit card and address on all 4, pretty much once a year you get a free 30 day trial and I haven't had to pay for a prime account in a long time as I don't buy that much that needs 2 day delivery. When I do need it, one of the 4 accounts has a free trial ready to go.

That sounds pretty severe to me. Let's say it is cough and fatigue only. You cannot do heavy physical work but you are not near death either.
I'd start making escape plans. Since I'd have my laptop, I could easily make the necessary arrangements.

I'm always surprised at people who are bored. There's so much stuff online. For instance MIT has a bunch of courses online. Probably can't even finish one course during quarantine.

How about some general relativity or the early universe?

Play video games, watch some educational YouTube (EEVBlog, Mr. Carlsons Lab, Big Clive, Mikes Electric Stuff, etc), read the free stuff from MIT and Purdue University like Wolf359 suggested. Basically all the same stuff I’d normally do.

When my wife had to isolate I got time off work (my employer gave paid time off for it), we just carried on as normal, kids were on Christmas break from school anyway, except she wore a mask around the kids (baby was being breastfed at the time). The 4 of us never got sick… I did have to get tested for it 3 times, once initially in case I did get it so they could warn coworkers I had been in close contact with, once at the end of isolation, and another a week after.

My "5 day quarantine" included a persistently nasty headache that kept me staying as still as possible. Binging automotive channels on YouTube as well as some mindless TV shows between Benadryl induced naps was how I spent most of mine.

^^^ Yeah, just think if it was a 25 year jail sentance. 🔒 😄

3 of the 4 of us in my house all got sick at the same time so we stayed home and just tried our best to keep our distance from each other in the house and we went around disinfecting high touch areas a couple of times per day. Other than that we really didn't change up our routines much. My daughter has Type 1 Diabetes and was the only one who didn't get sick. We tried to keep away from her except when we were administering her insulin. She didn't get sick so we must have done okay. I spent a lot of the time out on the front porch with the dogs which is what I would have done anyway even if I had been well.

Back