What do you all think of Turtle Wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, from reading around recently I can see that generally people prefer Meguiers (Myself included) or Mothers products for their car washing and waxing needs. Normally for washing I use Meguiers Gold Class or Deep Crystal, and finish with their cleaning wax. Recently, I washed the interior using all Turtle Wax (and Armour All, but thats another story) products and was VERY suprised at how well they worked. A friend who owns a 2005 Mustang GT constantly washes with Turtle Wax and their Wax, and it blew me away at how good it looked. All of this lead me to purchase the Turtle Wax Zip Wax Wash and Wax tonight, which I will be trying tomorrow. Any thoughts on Turtle Wax? How do y'all like it?

I like the zip wash, i have tried the turtle wax ice spray on my travel trailer, and i just don't like it. I went back over it with the wax as u dry. Never used the paste waxes however.

I recently tried turtle wax paste - since it was rated highly in a certain consumer magazine - especially regarding longevity - since most others dont last long. any way - kinda tough to remove -although I might have put it on too thick - I was waxing two white cars - so it was hard to see any coverage. so far it has lasted a month. once the can is gone I will not likely buy another

I too, was a believer in Meguiars products until I tried Turtle Wax Ice liquid and wow, it shines better and lasts longer than Meguiars. Recently, I have been using the Ice spray wax with excellent results!

I would highly recommend Turtle Wax; they make excellent products.

By the way, my car sits outside 24/7 in the hot Texas sun and the Ice waxes hold up very nicely. The key to increasing the shine and making the wax last longer is to wax the entire care BEFORE you start buffing it off. That way the wax has plenty of time to harden. It seems easier to wipe off also.

Originally Posted By: synthetic_crazy
I too, was a believer in Meguiars products until I tried Turtle Wax Ice liquid and wow, it shines better and lasts longer than Meguiars. Recently, I have been using the Ice spray wax with excellent results!

By the way, my car sits outside 24/7 in the hot Texas sun and the Ice waxes hold up very nicely.

Good to know, I haven't tried the Ice products yet. I still love Meguiers but if I can save a few $$$ for Turtle Wax, then I'm a fan

Originally Posted By: renegade_987

By the way, my car sits outside 24/7 in the hot Texas sun and the Ice waxes hold up very nicely.

Good to know, I haven't tried the Ice products yet. I still love Meguiers but if I can save a few $$$ for Turtle Wax, then I'm a fan

Yes, that was the reason I first tried the Turtle Wax Ice, it was cheaper than Meguiars and included a rag in the kit.

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
Hey all, from reading around recently I can see that generally people prefer Meguiers (Myself included) or Mothers products for their car washing and waxing needs. Normally for washing I use Meguiers Gold Class or Deep Crystal, and finish with their cleaning wax. Recently, I washed the interior using all Turtle Wax (and Armour All, but thats another story) products and was VERY suprised at how well they worked. A friend who owns a 2005 Mustang GT constantly washes with Turtle Wax and their Wax, and it blew me away at how good it looked. All of this lead me to purchase the Turtle Wax Zip Wax Wash and Wax tonight, which I will be trying tomorrow. Any thoughts on Turtle Wax? How do y'all like it?

I am by no means a detailing person. I want my wax to last as long as possible and not make a mess on vinyl parts. So Turtle Wax ICE is one to consider.

I bought a can of the Turtle wax ice paste wax a few weeks ago and was surprised at how well it shined and easy "for a paste or carnuba wax" it was to buff off. It doesn't make a mess on rubber plastic or vinyl like the Meguiars yellow wax does. I used it on my Harley and it never looked so good. Time will tell how long it lasts.

I use Turtle Wax Hard Coat on various things. My wife has me coat our bathtub walls occasionally to help keep grime off of them, I use it on the undersides of my lawn mower decks to help keep clippings off, I coat my Webber grill before storage for the winter just to keep it looking nice, and I coat my dive knives before going into salt water. At $3.50 for a jar or bottle it can't be beat for value.

For my vehicles on the other hand, I only use Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax.

I've used a few Turtle Wax products.

I'm not a huge fan of the Ice Wash. While it suds great and cleans well, after repeated washing it started leaving a white film on the black plastic parts. This was a problem I experienced with early "wash and wax" shampoos and Ice seems to have it as well.

I have also used the Ice liquid "wax" which is really a sealant. It goes on easy and leaves a good shine, but it is a little synthetic looking. Also, I it didn't seem to last much more than 2-3 weeks, so I've stopped using it on the paint. However, it works GREAT on plastic trim. Even better than a lot of dedicated "bumper black" products. So I keep a bottle around for that.

Finally, I used the cheap Turtle Wax liquid wax on my wheels. I give them a once over after every wash, so I'm not too concerned with how long it lasts. It seems to have done a good job keeping the wheels protected.

Overall, while I've used some Turtle Wax products, I must say that if I am going to use OTC products I still prefer Meguiar's, but that is just a personal preference. I use their wax as you dry every time I wash and it is AWESOME.

The past 2-3 years I have been getting into auto detailing and its more brand specific than automotive oils on the forums (just sayin). Here is my two cents on the subject.. Turtle Wax is a budget friendly product line that is making a move into the detailing world with unique products like "Waterless Wash" and their "Black Box Kit" to compete with other top brands. Turtle Wax has some great products and their ICE line is some good stuff!

If you compare Turtle Wax to Meguires, its unfair because its a consumer product and the 'other brands' are a professional line targeting everyday consumers.

I live in rental property and use No-Rinse car wash by Optimum (ONR) and the stuff is amazing. Turtle Wax has their version of the same product (Rinse-less car wash) sold at WalMart. Several other companies also make this type of product and its freakin awesome once you learn how to use it properly.

I can vouch for their rinseless car wash. You can order it from your local Walmart and avoid shipping costs.

I'm a little skeptical that these mail order products are any better, but the difference in price isn't enough to get me to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back