What do y'all think of this first car idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fisher83
I would look into an Accent or Elantra. I have owned both and they were great cars for the money. I think private party value on my car is somewhere in the neighborhood of $3k or $4k so he could probably pick up a 2001 or 2002 for what he is looking to spend and IMO it is a little bit better car than the Cavalier.

+1 what he said
accent hatch (lots of space, low turning radius, low gas consumtion)
elantra GT hatch (lots of space, GT has bigger brakes)
the older elantra wagon (for space also)

need to check when belt was changed thou

taurus wagon where made up to 2004 so some creampuffs are available
focus wagon also are pretty good on gas, space ...

Hey guys, reveving this 6 day old topic. He found today something that I think is a good deal. 1996 Chevy Corsica 3.1L, no rust runs great, for $1495. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
How reliable and safe would a 2000+ Neon be?

They are plenty reliable, but no safer than a Cav of that time.
I owned a 2001 Neon, it was a great car, went everywhere in it, never let me down.

You should search craigslist for something of quality and coolness. My friend bought a 02 subaru wrx in great shape with less that 200,000 miles. For less than 2500. Dont be hasty to find a car let the car find you. You will know when its right. I agree on crown vics. They are cool and safe and reliable. You can find tons of older cop vics with around 100,000 for around 2500. Plus you get better trans and oil coolers among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back