What could be different - 1 specific brand of gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my motorcycle, over the past 80,000 miles and 9 years, I've had the opportunity to buy many different brands of gas in many different states.

However, one brand of gas burns completely different in it. The engine is quieter (less chatter), and it has more pep.

The one brand of gas is Casey's General Stores... and not Amoco, Shell, or any of the other major brands.

I've ran the bike low, and have filled it up at different Casey's outlets, to have as much of the different brand of gas in it as possible.

I'm stunned about this, as I would have expected gas from a convenience store chain would be marginal at best.

It seemed that I could tell a difference in gasoline brands with my last motorcycle as well, but racked it up as a coincidence. However, it seems that as a motorcycle ages, the differences become more obvious.

Or am I nuts?

I have no bike so that I have no idea, but in general I would say if you feel performance difference with a particular brand of gasoline, if the price is not much more or if not too un-convenience to fill up, then you should use that brand. Your good feeling is more importance than anyone else thought.

I just stick to the one brand. Thats chevron gas. I have no problems with fuel injector or anything like that. chevron gas is different in price depending on the location. one local chevron sell for $3.79/gallon. some chevron 3.63/gallon.. so look around and buy the cheapest top tier gas.

Yes I think its possible for the same reason different brands of oil make engines run differently. Different brands of gas have different additives and sometimes different ethanol content.

I'm currently testing different brands of gas in my car running 3-4 tanks in a row from the same station if possible. My idle seems rougher with Shell smoother with Exxon mpg is same. Valero is next on my list. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back