What color coolant for 1999 Tacoma?

I've got some left over Asian pink coolant I use on a 2012 Corolla, and I too off the 1999 tacoma with that?
I wouldn’t do that. They have different stuff in them I used to work for Toyota we never mixed them. I’m not sure on the exact differences I can’t remember since it’s been awhile since I done the cooling system training but I do know they don’t recommend using them mixed or in a system which takes a different color.

The red is a IAT coolant a lot like the old green, while the pink is an OAT extended life coolant. I wouldn't mix unless the system was completely flushed.
I don't believe that is true re: red. I believe it is a HOAT and I'm looking for the TSB that says they can be mixed.

edit:TSB appears to be PG010-02

Also referenced casually here under service fluids

Super Long Life Antifreeze/CoolantThis special pink formula provides maximum protection without the use of harmful silicates. It's extremely durable and was developed specifically to meet the requirements of your Toyota's engine.
  • Compatibility with non-metallic materials helps it extend the life of water pump seals.
  • Won't corrode aluminum surfaces like coolants that contain borate.
  • Won't clog radiators due to silicone "gelling."
  • Pre-diluted 50/50.
  • Compatible with Toyota red Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant.

Last edited:
Yota red is a very early HOAT like G05, benzoate as the organic inhibitor and phosphates as the secondary. Better options are avaliable and readily mix with it.

Back