What Cologne Do You Wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few scents that I wear based on weather and attire. (formal, casual, work, etc.)

My warm weather signature scent is L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent and cold weather signature scent is Angel Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler. I have others in the collection, but these are the go to scents. They make the wife "happy", which makes me "happy".

L'Homme
Pure Malt

What are you wearing? (besides motor oil)

I don't wear cologne because nobody manufactures the scent I want:

1. Strawberry
2. Grape
3. Apricot
4. Pina~ Colada
5. Coconut
6. Orange
7. Raspberry
8. Lime

Mennen Speed Stick made a Lime deodorant about 40 years ago, but since then quit making it.

Depending on the occasion:

Fahrenheit by Cristian Dior

212 Sexy Man by Caroilina Herrera

or

Armani Code by Giorgio Armani

After I down tools and scrub up, get rid of the smell of fuel, oil, brake cleaner etc..

The only scent I've bought, used or enjoyed for more years than I can remember is Armani White by Giorgio Armani...that scent is like sex for your nostrils
wink.gif

The other scent that sometimes lingers around me is weed.

None whatsoever. I don't even use scented soaps or other scented hygiene products.

I don't care to smell anything on anyone else, and I don't want anyone else to smell me.

Back in the 80's and 90's EVERYONE seemed to wear cologne...and you could tell (many never got the memo regarding "less is more"). I rarely notice cologne scent on people anymore (could be my aging olfactory senses). I have several bottles of stuff but haven't worn any in several years.

I think its use has diminished as the world is more climate controlled in terms of buildings and even the most basic cars sold now have it (thankfully).

Lastly smoking is down now so folks don't douse themselves with perfume to cover up that awful smell on their body/clothes as often either.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Lastly smoking is down now so folks don't douse themselves with perfume to cover up that awful smell on their body/clothes as often either.

They also have the ability to smell, so they don't douse when a splash would do the trick.

I use Mens Speed stick, or whatever that is, for deodorant. That and Irish Spring soap in the shower. That's it for scent, although after a long day of yard work I'm sure I've picked up at least another one.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
Back in the 80's EVERYONE seemed to wear cologne.

^^This is definitely true. I was in high school in the 80s,and cologne was the "in thing" in the mid-80s.

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: rjundi

They also have the ability to smell, so they don't douse when a splash would do the trick.

I use Mens Speed stick, or whatever that is, for deodorant. That and Irish Spring soap in the shower. That's it for scent, although after a long day of yard work I'm sure I've picked up at least another one.

Nothing worst then a splash of cologne coupled to stale cigarette smell. It does not hide it just two odors there. Unfortunately I have an ultra strong sense of smell but bad eyes.

Since I've done heavy research in this, and I'm a Bachelor, finding good unique colognes that go with my bodies chemistry, and the amounts so your not "that guy". I will say this:

Mind your business!

My Colognes are classified as top secret. Generally you want a Cologne for each of the four seasons, and avoid Musk.

Last edited:
I have some "Chic" by Carolina Herrera. Had it ten yrs and its still going....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back