'What car should we get...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I've started saying "1994 Celica" and they stop asking me.

Ok Scotty
crackmeup2.gif

You beat me to it...

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Since I'm the car guy of the family, I get it all the time. 99% of the time they go "I'm looking at Car X, what do you think?" I have learned that they're not actually looking for my opinion on said car, they have already decided on said car and they want to hear their decision come from someone else.

Lol yep, so true.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Since I'm the car guy of the family, I get it all the time. 99% of the time they go "I'm looking at Car X, what do you think?" I have learned that they're not actually looking for my opinion on said car, they have already decided on said car and they want to hear their decision come from someone else.

I participate in a boating board. Often, the posted question was that a boat of a certain size was just purchased and did they think that their current pickup or SUV was sufficient to tow the boat. Or was their current boat sufficiently big enough to safely take the family out on the cruise.

I'm convinced that the vast majority of these posters were looking for the online community to validate that a larger sized and newer vehicle or boat was darn near mandatory. And of course make it easier to convince the spouse that they should dig into their savings for said boat or vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back