What can I top Collinite 476s or 845 with to extend the life?

Because I have a lifetime supply of multiple collinite products, can I top it with a ceramic detail spray such as TEC582?

I one time applied TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray way with collinte and it actually lasted what seemed like forever. Now im asking for the reverse.

I have tried 476 over griots sio2. Lasted no longer than the 476 alone. If using it over 476 how would you judge it ? I'm not sure topping does much. You are just rewaxing whether spray or paste.
I'm using paste less and less, although I like finnishkare. As griots sio2 spray wax is easier and faster to use more often. It lasts months and does not stain plastic trim.

Last edited:
I used Turtle wax Graphene Flex wax over it in the fall, still beading as expected. I used it because my son left it here, I figured why not.

Last edited:
Isn't the purpose of wax or sealant to protect the paint from foreign substances? If so, I doubt the topper you use would stick to the finish very well. Or if it has strong solvents, it may displace the first layer itself.

Been using TW new spray mists, might try them over the collinite. ;)
Turtle_Wax_Streak_Free_Mist_Line.jpg

I have settled on 845 as my wax/sealant of choice. I use my old pc7424 and a red pad to apply, lambswool pad and microfiber bonnets to remove.

I usually apply twice a year. Before and after winter. Never seen the need of a topcoat of something else. It has incredible durability for me even in MA winters

Because I have a lifetime supply of multiple collinite products, can I top it with a ceramic detail spray such as TEC582?

I one time applied TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray way with collinte and it actually lasted what seemed like forever. Now im asking for the reverse.
I have used 476 and 845 as a base and then topped with TW Ceramic spray and also TW graphene max liquid.
Both added some depth to the paint on top of collinite.

Back