What can I do with 6 quarts of peanut oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly used. Gonna fry my first turkey this Thurs. "They" say you can funnel it back into its container, and has six months before going rancid.

I have a propane turkey fryer and a 2 quart-ish little hobby fryer. And the usual pots.

Donuts?

I don't want my family to look like Roseanne Barr though...

Just a little side note - be sure and strain it before you pour it back in the containers and obviously, let it cool before you pour. Then store oil in fridge till ready to re-use.

When you've finally used it to the point you can't cook with it anymore, it makes a great rusty metal coating.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I don't want my family to look like Roseanne Barr though...

I've often wondered what a deep fried peanut butter sandwich would taste like.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Chicken, fish, French fries, pickle chips, okra, oysters, twinkies, the list is endless

Now I'm hungry

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Funnel and coffee filter?

Takes a VERY long time. I use an old cotton t-shirt, (washed of course) over a clean five gallon bucket. Works great.

Simply stretch the shirt over the top of the bucket and secure with a bunge cord. Leave shirt slightly loose so that it forms a "pocket" in the middle, (about an inch lower than the lid of the bucket).

I might just use a screen to filter the beaks and claws out.

Chicken wings of course!

Filter it through a coarse and fine screen before you rebottle it. It's much easier to filter it through finer screens when it's still warm, but not so hot that it melts the bottle. Enjoy!

If this is your first time at the rodeo, you might want to do it outside. If you've ever seen a turkey fryer spill over onto the burner, or if you let your oil get too hot, it can be quite an experience.

Use the oil to make Belgian Fries and serve with Mussels steamed in beer.

6qts should be enough for an oil change in one of your beaters.
grin2.gif

-open a "cure the winter blues" massage parlor.
additionally, grease from chickens and turkeys can sometime have healing effects on ailing joints.
-cure oil cracks in old tires
-add to m2 oil to dilute w40 to w30 ish (just think of the benefit to the environment, all the people on the street following you will go home to "i'm thinking of fried chicken today....")

If this is your first time at the rodeo, you might want to do it outside. If you've ever seen a turkey fryer spill over onto the burner, or if you let your oil get too hot, it can be quite an experience.

ALWAYS do it outside. the video below is kind of a worst case scenario....

one of these years i'm actually gonna build one of them derricks.

.Pdf of the Plans
updated version of the build video:

Chicken, fish, French fries, pickle chips, okra, oysters, twinkies, the list is endless

springrolls, zucchini, eggplant, sweet potatoes, ...
off course with home-made creamcheese on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back