What bulbs for climate controls / where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my 2005 Optima I have some bulbs out on my climate control.

So far three auto parts stores haven't carried small bulbs, nor did they have a reference so they could look up the size and order them.

I can find every type of bulb you could imagine on Amazon - but I can't find a reference anywhere so I don't know what to order!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Where I can find a reference, or a good place to order from?

Autozone by me carries a bunch of lamps, I've found everything I needed there except one weird bulb for my BMW's trip computer.

Check the dealer, I ordered cluster bulbs for my Civic online. Find parts diagrams and get the part number and you can search ebay for them.

I agree. What you need is bulb type. Check the Kia forums and if you're lucky someone will post info about it otherwise check the service manual. If not check with the Kia dealer. Go to or call the parts department.

I replaced cluster and climate control bulbs in both my cars. In one car, the cluster and climate bulbs were available from the local auto parts store. While the clock bulbs in another car were available from the dealer. I needed it's climate bulbs replaced as well and they told me it's not sold separate. From them it's part of the climate control unit and replacing that was hundreds.

I ended up taking apart the climate control and even though it was a hassle it ended up being the same type of bulbs used in the cluster guage. It only has some bulb condom cover over it to change the color. Go figure.

Last edited:
I believe they are T4 neo wedge bulbs.. i have a 03 spectra and they were T4 bulbs as well. does your climate control look like this one?

Climate Control?

If so are you wanting LEDs?

It would be these: Link

IIRC the climate control uses regular type bulbs, and the dash uses SMD's for the gauge cluster.. not 100% sure though.

I've found every automotive bulb I've needed at Amazon. I also don't have to spend time chasing them down at autoparts stores that never seem to have the small bulb that I need.

Yep, that's the one!

Do you have LEDs in yours? How well do they dim - did you have any trouble using the dimmer to get the brightness to your liking? I've never had LEDs in my car and I'm very picky about my interior light brightness, so I'd like to know before I get LEDs.

Thanks!

No i have no issue dimming them. They have many T4 LED's that should match quite well or you can just change the color to your liking.

If you put them in, and they don't light up simply unscrew the them, turn it 180 degrees, and put it back in.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
No i have no issue dimming them. They have many T4 LED's that should match quite well or you can just change the color to your liking.

If you put them in, and they don't light up simply unscrew the them, turn it 180 degrees, and put it back in.

Thanks. I see they're in 10 packs on Amazon, so if I can figure out how to pull my instrument cluster I might do that to see if it uses the same bulb, and replace them all if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back