What brands are in your tool chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta post this but go figure --- snap on makes some decent *electrics*. For torques...if not digital,I have the CDI computorq's in my cabinet. And on the *electrics*.....or air, I use IR guns and the current 10V Makita rocks for most things on the car

Go figure but I was at the track and the Snap On 1/2 cordless impact has BALLS of power. In some cases, I've seen it take off lugs where a equivalent Dewalt wouldn't even budge a nut.
Quite surprising...as while I like the SO quality (sockets, wrenches, etc), I've never bought anything that was electric from them

Kennedy tool box, Precision Instrument & old SK torque wrenches, MAC Tool Company and Wright Tool Company (sockets, wrenches, ratchets, extensions, etc.), plus misc. Craftsman screwdrivers. A good 1/2 of my tools (other brands-both hand and power) have been passed down in my family for generations from companies long out of business.

Almost all hand tools are Craftsman: sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. Every power tool I own is a Dewalt, except for a worm-drive Skil circ saw and a Makita 12" compound miter. All stored in Craftsman roller carts or custom shelving.

Afew months ago I bought a 18v cordless Bosch impact gun rated at 400 ft.lbs. I am impressed by its performance and it is turning out to be a very useful tool. Its performance is equivalent to the Snap-On cordless impact mentioned above, the Bosch is a bit less expensive.

I have Mac,Craftsman,SK,Cornwell,Stanley,Snap On,Channellock and some cheap stuff.For power tools,mostly Dewalt,some Black and Decker,Porter Cable,Skil,a Fein Multimaster.I have two Milwaukee recipicating saw which are best ones out there,a corded and a cordless.I have no Bosch for power tools,I do not trust them at all.I heard it from a couple of my father's friends,Tim and Tom.They each got a Bosch cordless drill from their brother in law and the batteries failed.It was cheaper to buy a new cordless drill.Problem with Snap On is that they over price their tools.I admit they make a couple powerful 3/8" drive air ratchets I am impressed with,FAR7200 and FAR27C that will take your hand off if not careful.Plus they can be sent in to get rebuilt.

Hand tools- some Craftsman, Allied, Husky, one or two Protos, some odd names too, and some really cheap stuff like Xingbangyao. They sit in a BIG stainless steel tool chest I purchased at Costco two or three years ago.

My tools are stored in a Mac toolbox which is about 10 years old now.Watch out on Stainless steel and bring a magnet with you when buying a Stainless steel toolbox.If the magnet sticks,walk away from it and avoid it.There is the lowest grade stainless steel and there is the highest grade which a magnet will not stick to

Mostly Canadian Tire Mastercraft brand tools in my toolboxes. Id love to have MAC or Matco or Snap-On, but they are way too expensive for a do ir yourselfer like me. Mastercraft has lifetime return policy anyways, so, good enough for me!

Toolbox is a Snap-On chest on a Craftsman cabinet.

Tools are mostly Snap-On, (3/8", 1/2", 3/4") with some Mastercraft and Craftsman in there, as well as some German wrenches, and stuff from KD and Gray.

Screwdrivers and stuff are basically all Mastercraft, air tools are misc, since I have a small compressor and rarely use them.

I'm another Ontario guy with Mastercraft tools, the mastercraft maximum stuff seems to be a great deal on sale atleast. 32 piece wrench set was $50, a pretty comprehensive set of 1/2, 3/8, sockets was $100. The inch pound torque wrench was $40 and the QC test paper actually has the test numbers and intials of who did the test in their own handwriting! I was surprised to open the case to find that.
The tap and die set seems to be ok, I'm no machinist but they come in handy sometimes.
The plain mastercraft electric power tools aren't that great, but they seem to be tough, my $30 4.5" angle grinder sounded bad from the start but has been abused for a few years and sounds about the same. Same with the electric impact gun, very loud but zipped off the rusty 1/2" bolts holding the hub to the strut on my car, lug nuts are easy for it.

Box: Matco single bay

Tools, in order of amount: Matco, Cornwell, Snap-On, Craftsman, whatever I can find at Harbor Freight.

Pneumatics and electrics: IR 2135Ti, IR IQv 3/8" impact, 1/2" drill, and one battery. One MG series Snap On 3/8" pneumatic impact. And some little cornwell drills and air ratchets. OH, and a snap on 3/8" air ratchet that never gets used. If it's 1/4", it's getting the little air ratchet, anything requiring 3/8" or bigger drive, it's getting impacted.

Mostly Craftsman and some Allied and a few wrenches by Olympia/ Northern Tools. But if the question is : what tools do I use 90% of the time? Then the answer is =Metrinch. Yes, the 'as seen on TV' tool kit. They are great and I wish I had bought the expanded set, 89 pieces? I believe, when Sears was having a close out on them. Anyone else not too proud to admit he uses Metrinch?

Box: Snap-on 1023 triple bay roller with riser, side locker and upper storage. Tools are Snap-on, Blue Point, MAC, Matco, Cornwell, SK, CDI, Bondhaus, Knippex, Vise Grip, Channel Lock, IR,

For hand tools, I mostly have Craftsman -- a few S-K from my dad, and a couple Irwin.

For power tools, I have a little of everything: Skil, Dewalt, Ryobi, HF/Cummins cheapos, etc.

punisher,

I agree with the knipex (I have a few) but you could add some others that most have never heard of (Wera, Wiha, PB Swiss and Stahlwille come to mind) that are also very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back