What Brand Sway Bar Links to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my 1994 Toyota Corolla. OEMs are $75 for fronts and $60 for rears each; aftermarkets run roughly $30.

I've read negative things about Moog. The reviews for Ac Delcos aren't stellar; all the other ones look very cheap and indicate plastic ball in studs.
15.gif

What about store brands. Napa, Autozone Duralast. The Duralast ones look pretty solid.

Aftermarket autoparts are all mostly just Chinese [censored] regardless of brand. Is there a sleeper brand I've never heard of that is decent?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=0&VN=4294959021+4294959001+4294967173+4294962811+4294967158&Ntt=sway+bar&Nr=AND%28universal:0%29&Ntk=Main&No=0&Npp=10

Thanks.

Last edited:
I had a few Moog ones fall apart on me with my Liberty. Bought Masterpro ones from Oreillys and while Chinese made, did feel nicer made than Moog ones and so far have held up fine, about a year. Jeep gets used like a Jeep.

FWIW, I bought some Duralast brand sway bar bushings once and they were Ramcoa brand.

Last edited:
I'm lookin at the AC Delco Professional series ones; they look identical to Napa Chassis ones (their top brand). Fully sealed, non greasable.

Thoughts???

I put Napa Master Ride Chassis links on my Dodge Dakota, IIRC they were made in Taiwan. They were very good quality and held up fine until I sold the truck last year. The parts were sealed but I never had any problems with them. The cost was less than half of Napa Chassis.

I've had some cheap parts master ones in the front of the focus for a couple years now. Grease-able, so I give them a shot of moly grease every spring and fall when I swap tires. Seem to stay tight and silent so I can't complain. Given how easy they are to change I wasn't going to spend too much on them. OEM only went 60k miles so I wasn't going to get them again.

Your NAPA should be able to get the Sankei 555 brand. Line code will be ATM, the part number should be SL2960 for the front. I don't see a rear listed.

For my car specifically, the Moog end links are far superior to anything else. This comes from stock end links and stock style end links actually snapping on the protege. The moog ones are thicker and much more sturdy in my case. But I imagine this is a car by car scenario.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Your NAPA should be able to get the Sankei 555 brand. Line code will be ATM, the part number should be SL2960 for the front. I don't see a rear listed.

Those are as much as OEMs.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I'm lookin at the AC Delco Professional series ones; they look identical to Napa Chassis ones (their top brand). Fully sealed, non greasable.

Thoughts???

Those are very nice and solid. If you can get them for a decent price this is where I would lean. Just keep in mind to give them a pump once in a while. I would also check and give them a pump after you first install them. They typically put very little grease in anything greaseable. I lost a set of Deezas quick because I assumed they had enough.

I just noticed you said non greaseable. I almost like those better. AC Delco professional makes some high quality parts and if you can simply throw them on and not think about it I like that idea too.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Thoughts???

Decent parts I would have no problem using.

FWIW, I have installed Moog on both front sides on my Sienna, it has not given me any issue.

I have also used it in a Suburban Diesel even longer without issues.

One thing I learned about the net is that people comes dumping their issue/problem on the forum.
Unfortunately, we are really not sure if the story checks out or not.
With that in mind, there are a lot of junk parts out there.
My principle is to test it instead of assuming that "new means good".

Last edited:
I used AC Delco on my Rav4. They were about $25 each. Been about 25000 miles and all is well.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
NAPAs chassis parts are now made by Mevotech.

Both lines or just the entry level one?

I get the cheap ones because I have to cut them off anyway due to rust whenever I have to pay attention to something else in the suspension.

I know the $$$ ones have flats for wrenches, or allen sockets or whatever but the threads are in such a salt slurry it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
NAPAs chassis parts are now made by Mevotech.

Do you have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back