What Brand Sells Best At Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Walmart at 3AM and saw the Floor Stock Manager for the Automative section so I ask him what brand of oil sells the most. He says he can't keep stock of oil because it sells out so fast that he has to have it stocked every night. He did say that Mobil and Penzoil sells the most oil and interesting he says just the name Mobil and alot of them buy the Mobil Drive Clean. The third best seller was Castrol and then followed by Supertech.

I ask him if they read the LABEL and he says no they don't. They look at price and what they see but more importantly the price is cheaper than other places.

He says the average costumer sees dino is dino and they are all the same. So his final conclusion is why do so many people buy from Walmart is the price is cheaper from the outside, the selection and down the road with all their shopping.

I am at WalMart frequently and after as nice weekend, the GTX and Havoline are severly depleted. The only synth that takes a hit is Syntec.
dunno.gif

[ August 10, 2004, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Audi Junkie ]

quote:

I am at WalMart frequently and after as nice weekend, the GTX and Havoline is severly depleted. The only synth that takes a hit is Syntec.

Interesting observation I don't know but it might be from different locations. An observation no doubt.

Seems like every time I go to Wal-Mart they are always sold out of Motorcraft 5W-20, always low on Mobil 1 0W-20 and 5W-30, and Pennzoil sells well too. On the other hand, there always seems to be a healthy supply of Castrol Syntec and Maxlife every time I go.

Just a sidenote: I work at a Target and sometimes the automotive section and I have noticed that we sell synthetic faster than we do dino. We've got M1 5W-30, 10W-30, and 15W-50. In dino we have Pennzoil 5W-20 all the way to 10W-40. We seem to always be low on M1 in all grades and always full of Pennzoil.

I did ask of synthetic blend and what he thought of Motorcraft 5w-20 & 5w-30 and if synthetic blend sells well. I think Conoco's decision to market it's oil as I looked at the oil display at Walmart makes me wonder what great move they will encounter very soon. Just an observation as more consumer will realize of better quality oil.

Different regions sell differently. Someone posted some sales figures a while back.

Around here it's Valvoline, then Supertech, and distantly followed by Havoline.

-T

At my local Walmart, I notice that the new Maxlife Synthetic moves quick. I can never seem to find 4 bottles of the 5w-30 so I buy a bottle or two everytime I go. The big 5 gallon jugs seem to move quick too.

Havoline dino moves quick too. I was using it for the Auto Rx treatment in our Volvo and sometimes they would run out of the 10w-30.

Supertech is a pretty big mover where I am.They stock a buttload of Motorcraft 5W20 also.Penzoil and Castrol too.

With Synthetics it's M1 with ST following.

Pennzoil is the #1 seller overall in the USA. I see no reason why it would be any different among Walmart shoppers. No wonder Shell bought them after losing the Havoline brand to Chevron.

quote:

Different regions sell differently.

I'll bet this is very true. You go to Frankin/Oil City/Meadville, PA area, and Pennzoil and QS probably fly off the shelf, because it's what peoples fathers used when those oils were "hometown" products.

Quote:

"Seems like every time I go to Wal-Mart they are always sold out of Motorcraft 5W-20, always low on Mobil 1 0W-20 and 5W-30, and Pennzoil sells well too."

I would love to the the UOA's on all these cars running the XW-20 oils in Arizona!!

Where I live the Motorcraft , Castrol GTX and Pennzoil seems to move the fastest at the nearest store .

Synthetic Mobil is always near gone .

I was in a Wyoming Walmart last month and they had near zero SuperTech left. They also had 10w-30 A5 Castrol Syntec for 14 something per 5 quart jug . Lots of it.

It's odd Walmart now stocks the 0w-40 and 0w-20 Supersyn at some stores . Some not . Same with the Truck n Suv 5w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back