What brand of oil in you lawnmowers, or tractors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old AeroShell 50w left over from my father's airplane in my Craftsman 17.5 hp B&S lawn tractor. No problems last year, looked clean when I dumped and replaced this year. I still have enough to run it next year as well....any comments?

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Amsoil Small engine oil.

Ditto. I'm running the Amsoil small engine 10w-30 in a Gravely Model L. Two months and no problems. Runs better than ever and is actually starting to consume less oil. Had to add a make-up quart the first 4 operating hours. Haven't had to add any this past 4 operating hours. It might be reconditioning the axle seals and gaskets somewhat. I'm pleased with it so far.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Amsoil Small engine oil.
+1 (10w30)

Works great in the Push Mower, JD tractor, Snow Blower and Generator.
thumbsup2.gif

B&S and Honda, I just simply throw in whatever I have onhand, either conventional 10W30 or sometimes SuperTech 15W40 HD diesel oil.

Q.

I run 5W-30 Mobil 1 in all my lawn equipment, including my Snapper Riding lawn mower. Change the riding mower oil every year, not so with rest of equipment (walk behind mower, edger).

I use RTS, M1 0W-40, and Valvoline Premium Blue 15W-40 but will be switching to M1 15W-50EP GoldCap at the next OCI for all 4 cycle equipment. I keep spare a spare gallon or so of Premium Blue around in case I need a break-in oil for a newly rebuilt engine. For my father's riding mower that uses a spin-on filter, I use only M1 filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back