What brand diesel fuel you diesel owners using?

Basically, all taxed #2 diesel is nothing special. There are lot of states that include at least 5% bio & some northern state just declared they were going up to 20% bio diesel fuel. Unfortunately, Diesel has not caught on the "Quality Fuel additives bandwagon". With just 2 companies on the top tier level.

There is only 1 supplier around here. Chevron,rebel,,shell etc and the independents all get it from that 1 place.

Kinder Morgan Terminal

34277 Daggett-Yermo Rd, Daggett, CA 92327
(760) 254-2616 https://g.co/kgs/FuaGP8

Even then, the fuel itself may come from one of several refineries producing commodity grade #2 diesel, and more than likely commingling the output from several refineries.

I run Gulf diesel pretty much exclusively.

The company that owns the Gulf stations here runs it's own tanker ships, and tanker trucks. Not sure if the fuel comes from local refineries, the tanker ships would be pointless...

vrachtwagen-schip-h500.jpg

I run Gulf diesel pretty much exclusively.

The company that owns the Gulf stations here runs it's own tanker ships, and tanker trucks. Not sure if the fuel comes from local refineries, the tanker ships would be pointless...

vrachtwagen-schip-h500.jpg

That's kind of a weird thing they have going there, as it's a company that has zero exploration or refining assets. They have a ton of marketing and logistics, including fuel depots and transportation. That looks like the kind of tankers commonly used to transport finished fuel over relatively short distances. I've heard places like Florida have minimal pipeline infrastructure (I'm guessing it's difficult to bury pipes in limestone) but it's relatively easy to move by small tankers and barges since any location in Florida is pretty close to the water.

They seem to do a lot of work where they provide services for other fuel distributors.

The old website showed ocean going tankers, but it´s a few years ago. I think the fuel comes from the US

This is what I could find, but it may not be the same as the American company Gulf Oil LP. This is owned by an Indian company that bought the international assets.

I have used several stations around the greater Midwest and knock on wood no issues. Everything from Casey's, Kwik Star, Shell, Love's, T/A etc, all with no issues. With diesel the key is stations that turn fuel over often and having good on board filtration. My Ram has 1 OEM under hood fuel filter water separator and I have added a kit that has 2 spin on filters. I change the spin on filters annually and the under hood filter every other year. All filters are Cummins OEM Fleetguards. Skipping a few bucks on filter's is not a good idea with diesel engines.

FWIW, IMO Top Tier is not really a thing in diesel fuel otherwise there would be a long list of stations like gasoline. There aren't really the additives and detergents that gasoline has so there is no real need to certify fuel as top tier. I know of people who have used home fuel oil (really #1 diesel) as fuel in larger boats with no issues. I would also add that most additives are a waste of money except for anti-gel in the winter.

Just my $0.02

Only a couple places in town, and I use Ingles as their tanks are only a few years old. Everything else around is much smaller volume and old stations.

I use Mobil and was told by the station owner that the additives they started to put in their branded fuel 2-3 years ago help keep the engine cleaner.

Also need to make sure you get super clean fuel with proper lubricity.

Back