What Auto. Trans do I have???

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by jorton:
Count the trans oil pan bolts and go to the auto parts store and they can tell you that way.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think these newer Fords don't have a pan. The only way to change the fluid is to have a flush done. It impossible to change the filter.

Go to www.f150online.com and do some searching. Check the tranny code on the door jam sticker and do some searching there. If you can't find anything, post the question, including the code on the door jam. There are a few good Ford techs there that will be able to tell you.

Ford-trucks.com is another good site.

After reading a bit about the 2004's, it sounds like it must be a new tranny. The 4r100's didn't have anywhere near as many problems.

Eric

The 2004 F250/F350 gas engines came with the 4R100 4 speed auto. The 2004 F250/F350 diesel engine came with the new torqueshift 5 speed auto. The 2004 F150 brochure says 'New automatic transmission designed specifically to mate with the new 5.4L 3-valve triton V8 is a new 4-speed automatic transmsion. It's the next generation auto with major enhancements to handle the power and torque of the new 5.4 3-valve engine'. I doubt if you have the 4R100. Philip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back