What are you getting your significant other for Christmas?

She wants a new rain gauge. I’m looking into some type of electronic weather station. Suggestions welcomed......
Whats the budget. Id suggest anbient weather brand.. they are about 3cuts above the cheapo stuff you find at walmart and costco usually(laCrapso etc)

Ambient Weather WS-2902C is the best value
The ws-5000 is close to pro level no moving parts, solar powered and hugely expandable.
as is the
Davis 6152 Vantage Pro2

You can definitely fall in the rabbit hole on these.

Last edited:
I ain’t got a significant other yet lol. But hopefully one day. That’s good for me now though cause less money I have to spend. My dad sometimes will get my mom stuff and sometimes not lol 😂. She wants one of those cri cut things this year so me and dad are splitting half and half on it. We are just now getting the tree up today. Unfortunately it’s the awful looking snowman ☃️ one again.

No ones come up with this yet??
A0A90287-F9F4-4C9B-9464-53CBB6CDA31A.jpeg

My oldest son is kinda tight-he always breaks up before xmas
Makes sense, especially if he has no problems finding replacements.
Great time to dump 'em before the upkeep costs get out of control.

....come to think of it, you could apply the same mentality to keeping an old car
:sneaky:

Nothing for Christmas....but we did buy each other all inclusive trip to Mexico for 8 days back in November for trip in January when it'll be bitchin' cold. Triple vaxed and, hopefully, Covid variant doesn't screw up travel plans.

I bought the Wife a Ford F350 in 2018 to tow her and the daughters horsies around and this year she wanted a lens for her camera so I said buy it. She would have bought the lens anyway

I have a beautifully written prenup enclosed in a most festive envelope. I just need the right lady to come along. There may be one but we are professionally at odds because she's a defense attorney and I don't want to spend my life nauseated until I get kicked out of my house. My cats will get lavish gifts!

She had some things on her Amazon wish list, so i shopped off that. Some knick knacks that i thought would be appreciated, not much more than that. Nothing too elaborate.

We did try to come up with a theme for stocking stuffers for the kids but drew a blank.

I bought the Wife a Ford F350 in 2018 to tow her and the daughters horsies around and this year she wanted a lens for her camera so I said buy it. She would have bought the lens anyway
So you tow your wife around in a trailor?
I’m getting my wife one of the Porsche Driving Experiences at their HQ in Atlanta.

Last year she got her diamond upgraded

And she got an LX570 2 weeks ago.

She’s ahite
Sweet! I've seen their facilities and it's top notch. I wish my wife was in interested in this sort of thing. Nope. Her track is I-285. :LOL:

Same here. We have no children or family, so this idea of buying gifts for each other for Christmas, birthday's, anniversaries, valentines day, etc. is just plain stupid. Instead we buy what we want, when we want. Then we don't waste money on a bunch of stupid crap neither of us wants.

It's the same with getting cards. Those things aren't cheap either. Not to mention the gas wasted driving all over town buying all of that junk. Cards end up in a drawer for a year or so.... Then out to the trash. More money wasted.
I can see that. My Dad always told me that Christmas was for the kids, but man my stepfather was the champ at surprising my mother with some amazing gifts. I always wanted to emulate that but I'm an idiot. lol.

I know some of you guys are married and don't exchange gifts with your wife. The first excuse such people say is "we buy our own stuff when we need it".

What I do know is that the wife tends to follow her husbands wishes. And I'm betting you guys that don't exchange gifts brought it up with your wife first, not her. Deep down she wants a gift. Know her size and get her something cute. Show her that you think she is beautiful.

Back