What are we doing with ourselves if were mandated to stay at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Ls1mike: in my "area" I am allowed a outside fire for warmth, companship, or cooking and comfort
smile.gif

Unless there is a burn ban here, summer it does happen in Washington, they don't say much about you burning anything.

I just go to work etc. Like normal, but if I stayed home I'd just do my running at home instead of the park, and read more, etc. I guess.

I broke out the ol' Xbox One X and played a ton this weekend, after everyone else went to bed.

I forgot how much fun beating Zeds with a giant Christmas themed battle axe was while Gary Busey does his thing as "Bad *** Santa"
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

9 hour days, then a couple of hours of a night.
3--4hours on the weekends

Cleaners have to come in at some stage there too (me).

Getting my breathing and meditation in, saunas in the evenings, some youtube and netflix if I'm doing work that doesn't need the attention...took the BRZ out a few times on the weekend.

It's pretty OK...I was adapting well to being a hermit...

[Linked Image]

Oh, and a bit of Tarot and stuff too...

Life as normal here. We went hiking all day yesterday, then had a picnic at the park. Was a beautiful day outside yesterday!

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Besides checking out BITOG more frequently -- what are we doing? I was laid off from my Welding job 3/20/20 due to lack of work from the Corona Virus. Now that I have been home and my county which I reside is on Mandatory stay at home. I have pressure washed the siding on my house, washed and waxed the GF Jetta, made some good killer home made meals and mowed/weed wacked the grass at the property twice. Also, sewed acouple patches on my work jeans -- yeah -- real bored at the moment.

Dale

Ill never listen to being "mandated" to stay home.

It has been a chaos in our house. Both my wife and I are working from home full time, webex non stop, and then both our kids (5 and 8) have Zoom from school on regular schedule. So between setting up all the meetings and online classes, we have to cook 4x as much as before (no cafeteria, not trusting outside food even delivered and can be recooked, because we live in an "epic center").

Then we have to go to grocery shopping for our inlaws that are 70+, because we don't want them to go out shopping due to the risk. We can't get everything in our fridge for a week so we are constantly swinging between overflowing and out of stuff every several days.

I feel like I've gained about 10 years of cooking experience in the last 2 weeks, and my Instant Pot is now non stop stewing. My work is whenever I'm in between taking care of family, from 8:30am to 12am, 7 days a week.

At least I'm grateful that our pay is as before, and everyone is still healthy, and we have a backyard instead of in an apartment with no laundry inside.

Last edited:
I finally got first place in Call of Duty warzone, that's gotta mean something.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Today I set up a new TV antenna-- amplified and rotating. It's so awesome it picks up a little translator of the ABC affiliate so I get duplicates now.

Fixed the license lights on my truck-- LEDs, just the right amount of light and in the right pattern.

Oil change on the 2006 prius, RP 10w30.

New clothesline. Old one held on by a thread. Perhaps a metaphor.

[Linked Image]

Looks like frozen clothes by the snow on the ground

Originally Posted by Pew
I finally got first place in Call of Duty warzone, that's gotta mean something.

The first and last time I played it, I spawned in, died, died in the gulag, teammate paid to revive me and then I forgot to deploy the parachute
33.gif

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I don't think I'll get sent home. I work IT for the biggest trucking company, which is an essential business. About 95% of the office employees are working from home but I need to be there to ship out PCs. I might be able to work 1/2 time from home.

So I've actually been even busier at work.

Well, I decided I'm not going into the office much anymore. I'll be there every other day for a few hours in the morning. The rest of the time I'll be working from home.

I'm a caretaker for my 82 year old grandfather, I don't need to bring this to him.

I suggest reading the Kama Sutra with your significant other. If your like my wife and I you will laugh(that ain't going to work) to cry(why did we try that) to that was fun as heck(lets do that again). Beats cutting down a tree or washing the car any time.

Rod

Originally Posted by Skippy722
I broke out the ol' Xbox One X and played a ton this weekend, after everyone else went to bed.

I forgot how much fun beating Zeds with a giant Christmas themed battle axe was while Gary Busey does his thing as "Bad *** Santa"
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

I platinumed that game on ps4!!!

Originally Posted by Marco620
Originally Posted by Skippy722

lol.gif

[Linked Image]

I platinumed that game on ps4!!!

They have what is essentially a lightsaber for the berserker. It even makes the noises while setting them on fire!

This has turned into a medical advice session.

Bob is NOT the medical guy.

I've deleted the advice and it's lock time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back