What are Two Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:
thread
diameter
bypass setting
(close, might have to give that one to you)
drainback valve

Sorry, none of the above answers is correct except one might be considered a possible answer, just that it indirectly can mean the same. I'll just go with that.. the actual answer would be Operating Pressure, which if you look at the by pass setting, it would tell you how much pressure it could go before bypass.

Ok, I think I misunderstood then. So what you meant was engine parameters? Such as in designing a filter for an engine from scratch?

In that case I would guess also, operating temperature, flow rate, clearances (tight clearance may need higher efficiency??), intended drain intervals, type of engine, combustion chamber sealing, capacity...

Filtration efficiency - single and multipass - and at what micron rating

Burst pressure of cannister

Backflow preventer presence

area of filtration media

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:
Ok, I think I misunderstood then. So what you meant was engine parameters? Such as in designing a filter for an engine from scratch?more like selecting an oil filter for a specific engine.

In that case I would guess also,
operating temperature,
flow rate,?
good answer when talking flow rate through the filter
clearances (tight clearance may need higher efficiency??),
intended drain intervals,
type of engine,
combustion chamber sealing,
capacity...

I know you were refering to flow rate from the engine but we are discussing filters not engine, so apply flow rate as one of those things to consider when looking at a filter.

HEY I said capacity! And by type of engine/combustion chamber sealing I basically nmeant the same thing as cleanliness level!
mad.gif

tongue.gif

cheers.gif

If you asked a Fram employee to give the answers to this question, they'd say the following

-canister color
-flashy box with pretty pictures on it

rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back