What are these copper bits in the coolant?

2015 Explorer was leaking coolant from the upper oil cooler hose.

leak.jpg

So I get the hose off and see these copper looking bits. What are they? Stop Leak?

copper bits.JPG

It could also be this:

I use it on thermostat and water pump gaskets.

Why does Makuloco in the above video think Dexcool had so many problems?
Probably because it was one of the first "Long Life" coolants out there, and nobody changed it because they all overlooked the 5 YEAR part.

Orange did bad/weird things to (big) Transit heater cores,they clogged up, often under warranty, and are a (typical Ford) PITA to replace. We had a couple that fortunately could be back flushed to get working again, and Prestone w/Cor-Guard (AKA MC Yellow) fixed them right up. Ford mixes the Orange & Yellow coolants with no ill effects. Believe the issue was flux soldered heater cores. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...703-9999.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0Uz466GpQwW8ukkcGx3cjZ

Wow, 25 yrs later and so many people still think Dexcool is bad despite it working quite well in literally millions of vehicles and is still being used today. I did a drained the factory fill Dexcool in my '15 SRX last year and it came out looking brand new. I refilled with Dexcool to maintain the 6 yr powertrain warranty.

Back