What are these circles out in the desert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
XR750? Do tell us more about this beast!
cool.gif

An XR750 is a Harley dirt tracker.

Here's a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVjl37F8UJk

The video doesn't do it justice, you have to have seen them running on a 1 mile dirt oval to understand it. They were poetry in motion on a big oval.

Oh okay I remember Springfield riding those. I thought he was talking about a Honda XR750! Silk always talks about bikes not available in the US! Lucky Dawg!

I know this is off topic. What is the actual displacement of the XR750?

After listeing to people's weekends, on dirt bikes, dune buggies, jet boats, jet skis, etc., a coworker in San Diego from the Bay area stated 'the only thing that people in southern California like to do on weekends is abuse Nature'.

Ok I went out there and took pics. They are from cars doing donuts and powersliding on the dry lake.

I also did some other exploring.

This must be where they go to play. I also did some exploring and shot a few other pics.

1109081336.jpg

1109081337.jpg

1109081515.jpg

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah

Oh okay I remember Springfield riding those. I thought he was talking about a Honda XR750! Silk always talks about bikes not available in the US! Lucky Dawg!

I know this is off topic. What is the actual displacement of the XR750?

750cc. The only real race I saw with that class of bike was at the Golden Gate Fields 1 mile horse track. Unbelievably fast on dirt with wooden rail fences on both sides of the none to wide track.

Yep - so an XR750 would be my weapon of choice to make such choice marks on a dry lake.Of course you could do it on an XS650 too - and I have.But it was on a rough clay car track,and the old XS1 was grounding out the frame rails and crankcases in the turns.

Yup, those are alien sand circles, no doubt about it. If you can't get Art, try George Noory! I can hear those aliens now:"Crops? We don' need no steenkin' crops!"
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back