what are the different names for a tow truck?

While commuting today, I passed a tow truck with the slogan "Cheapest Hooker in the Town" painted on it. I am not sure if I can say that word here but it starts with "hook" and ends with "er". I know they are also called wrecker, wrecko but never heard the "h" word before in that contest.

New casters around here sometimes say "Police are on the scene and they are waiting for hooks to arrive, until the crash is cleared traffic will again be backed up on the Deerfoot Drive"

A garage could say "This car came in on the hook" even though that went out in 1975 when they started using impact absorbing bumpers that weren't "frame mounted".

Originally Posted By: Vikas
While commuting today, I passed a tow truck with the slogan "Cheapest Hooker in the Town" painted on it. I am not sure if I can say that word here but it starts with "hook" and ends with "er". I know they are also called wrecker, wrecko but never heard the "h" word before in that contest.
Obviously a play on words... grin2

Vikas

You couldn't believe my first thought when I saw the writing on the truck. Am I reading what I think I am reading??

i remember when i lived in richmond. The same tow truck driver would pass by my apartment at least daily with a car with an alarm blaring on the back. guy just calmly smoking a cigarette every time. lol

Last edited: