What are some less common tools that are good to have around for auto maintenance?

Wurth push pin pliers. I got them for working on quad bikes where the body work is held on by them, and most of it has to come off to do anything. Now the modern car is covered in push pins, and it's great to have a tool made for the task.

Wurth push pin pliers. I got them for working on quad bikes where the body work is held on by them, and most of it has to come off to do anything. Now the modern car is covered in push pins, and it's great to have a tool made for the task.
I need to get one of these.

Hacksaw, Chisels, Drift punches, Magnetic light, Various oil filter wrenches, Pry bar, Snap ring pliers, Multi meter, OBD II code reader,
Cordless Impact, Wire Strippers/ Crimpers, Steering wheel puller, Pickle fork, Torch. I could go on all day!

A good telescoping magnet, a serpentine belt set the kind with a long handle and a set of shallow sockets.

My Snap-On Solus Edge scan tool is likely less common than the $100 OBDII reader from Walmart.
It's nice to be able to read sensor info and shut injectors off for troubleshooting and much more.

Its always a good idea to have a few fire extinguishers around when Aurora Borealis is At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your car and or garage.

hg500c-3_4.jpg

That thing that pushes a disc brake caliper piston back...

and for the rear brakes, that cube thing to turn the caliper piston...

Fast action open end wrench.

When you cannot get a socket , or a box end over a nut, and are working blind it saves you from having to flip the wrench 100 times.
Header/ exhaust bolts are another good example of needing a tool like this.

This is the brit tool version, but the Facom version is my favorite.

IMG_1611.jpeg

Are these what you mean? What makes them particularly remarkable? What is the 35° marking? (see attached graphic)...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-075714.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-075714.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 18
Well, they are made for the job, rather than using screwdrivers and sidecutters. They do the 35 and 90 degree...I wish I had the 90 as well, some you just can't get into. Removing pushpins all day, it's nice to have something someone made to do the job easier...with less damage.

Back