what amsoil 2 stroke oil to order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will use it in chainsaws, brushcutters and in rarely used 25 and a 2.5 hp outboard.
Thinking of getting both saber pro and saber outboard. What do you think? Can I use the saber pro for the old outboard too, or?

an outboard requires a TC-w3 oil to protect the environment. the outdoor gear uses the pro, which is not an ashless formula.

THe TC-w3 formulation can also be used as a decent fuel additive in your car, when dosed at low levels!

The outboards are late 80s so not any kind of "new generation" stuff. Except for environment issues, would saber pro work for the outboards as well? Will only run a gallon or two per summer. If I didn't see a lot of soot and oil leftovers on them using old shell tcw2 oil, I wouldn't be concerned, but they look like they have an oil/soot flu on 50:1 tcw2.

I use the Saber Professional mixed at 100:1 as premix in my Rx-7 and the spark plugs have always come out very clean and the rotor surfaces are spotless. I would recommend it.

Originally Posted By: lars11
Will use it in chainsaws, brushcutters and in rarely used 25 and a 2.5 hp outboard.
Thinking of getting both saber pro and saber outboard. What do you think? Can I use the saber pro for the old outboard too, or?

Amsoil tech says Sabr'e.

Suggestion based on experience is not to go down to 100:1 as if you get even a little fuel seperation you will loose your engines.

Go with manufacturer's mix specs...or 50:1. 50:1 is good for most everything with this oil. It's non-smoke formula is great to do this.

Shake up the gas container each time you refuel so if some dropped out you can get it back into solution and not dilute out the remaining contents if the oil is sitting on top of the gas.

Today's fuel demands extra steps...especially the alcohol in it.

If you can get non-ethanol premium fuel....use it!

Last edited:
Ok, I will only order Sabre Pro and will use it in the old outboards too, but maybe richer than 100:1.
Anyone disagree on the performance of Saber Pro in the outboards?

Always use outboard oil for outboards. They run at almost 2x the rpms of a lawn mower. They are water cooled and run in a different enviroment that a lawn mower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back