What a night of terrible sleep!

I felt great yesterday. I even remarked to my wife around 11am how great I felt. A little sore from the gym on Saturday, nothing crazy and I just hit a new PR. Yesterday, I sat down around 1PM to finish some spreadsheet homework for an Excel class I'm taking and by 1:30PM my entire body hurt so much I couldn't sit up in the chair. An hour later some lower GI issues and by 6:30PM I was in bed. When I say everything hurts I mean everything hurts - top of my bald head hurts, my hands hurt, my feet hurt, even my ears hurt, all my joints hurt. Spent the entire night tossing and turning (and apparently according to my wife moaning). Motrin has done little for the pain and Motrin usually takes care of most of my pain issues. I've never felt body aches like this before. No respiratory symptoms and GI symptoms are gone but the body aches remain.

I just wanted to complain a little and I can say that was the worst night sleep I have ever had x100. Anyone get hit with anything like this lately?

Had the same thing to a "T" couple weeks ago. Every joint hurt and I was hot! Still randomly hot on occasion. I was thinking it was a variation of the flu or the c word.

I think I know exactly what you have. Sorry to hear it, not fun. Plan on taking at least three days off of work.

Yeah, everyone once in a while, total crap sleep. Push through the following day, or take a personal. Usually it's stress that takes me out, but, I think some cold/flues are bugs of a different sort, ones that don't always make you sneeze/cough/hack.

I had that RSV that was going around a couple of months ago, I don't recall ever having been sick like that and I've had the rhona twice.

Had very similar for 3-4 days just two weeks ago. I always take the flu shot. (never get flu) Took the 2 dose covid shots in 2021. Never had "real" covid like people describe. So this recent "bug" was almost exacty as you describe. Deep body pains all over from head to foot. Just flat out hurt, stomach screwy, hardly any sleep. In bed but awake until 0330am to 0430am. Hot and cold. Even checked for fever (none) and took (3) covid "home tests" two days apart and all negative. After about day 4 just woke after some decent sleep and it was all gone. No idea what ? Some new strange bug?

There are all kinds of weird viruses floating around these days. I had the Covid and never had shortness of breath like that before in my life and I have asthma. Then loss of taste and smell. So weird. I'm glad it only lasted a few hours without sense of taste. I think my sense of smell is coming back to 100% a year later. Some people that I know lost their sense of smell/taste for 6 months.

Then I had what I presume to be RSV. I coughed for 10 weeks straight. After that cleared up I started to get a fever every night at 8pm for a week straight. The fever lasted until about midnight. Tylenol didn't help. I felt fine.

Had very similar for 3-4 days just two weeks ago. I always take the flu shot. (never get flu) Took the 2 dose covid shots in 2021. Never had "real" covid like people describe. So this recent "bug" was almost exacty as you describe. Deep body pains all over from head to foot. Just flat out hurt, stomach screwy, hardly any sleep. In bed but awake until 0330am to 0430am. Hot and cold. Even checked for fever (none) and took (3) covid "home tests" two days apart and all negative. After about day 4 just woke after some decent sleep and it was all gone. No idea what ? Some new strange bug?

I had that a couple weeks ago, except the stomach issue. I went through a couple sets of sheets from sweating so much during the night and I had no fever? Then woke up one morning and it all went away. Only lingering affect is reduced smell and taste, yet C19 test showed negative. Weird.

I had that a couple weeks ago, except the stomach issue. I went through a couple sets of sheets from sweating so much during the night and I had no fever? Then woke up one morning and it all went away. Only lingering affect is reduced smell and taste, yet C19 test showed negative. Weird.
Oh yeah, forgot the waking up to swap out soaking wet tee shirts with no fever.

I felt great yesterday. I even remarked to my wife around 11am how great I felt. A little sore from the gym on Saturday, nothing crazy and I just hit a new PR. Yesterday, I sat down around 1PM to finish some spreadsheet homework for an Excel class I'm taking and by 1:30PM my entire body hurt so much I couldn't sit up in the chair. An hour later some lower GI issues and by 6:30PM I was in bed. When I say everything hurts I mean everything hurts - top of my bald head hurts, my hands hurt, my feet hurt, even my ears hurt, all my joints hurt. Spent the entire night tossing and turning (and apparently according to my wife moaning). Motrin has done little for the pain and Motrin usually takes care of most of my pain issues. I've never felt body aches like this before. No respiratory symptoms and GI symptoms are gone but the body aches remain.

I just wanted to complain a little and I can say that was the worst night sleep I have ever had x100. Anyone get hit with anything like this lately?
hope you feeling much better

Back