What a fluke of an attempted carjacking

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
BLUF- the key to the Jeep was in a backpack on the passenger front seat of the Jeep. One of the two carjackers ran off with the backpack, so the other carjacker in the driver seat could not start the Jeep. Scary to see a 40-round magazine on a 9mm (not sure it was a 40 round, but whatever it was- lots of rounds). Also surprised to see the carjackers had a pretty nice-looking Camaro as their getaway car. Finally, one appears at risk in their own garage with their car parked in what looks like the middle of the day.

""demanded at gunpoint that the man turn over the keys to his jeep which were in a backpack on the passenger seat unbeknownst to the suspects.

Apparently unaware the keys were inside the backpack, the second suspect grabbed the backpack and took off which prevented the other suspect from starting the car. The homeowner then began chasing the suspect with the backpack at which point he heard gunshots coming from the first suspect who was behind him. ""

Last edited:
It is sad but it's getting time to start packing heat.
No sir, it is long past time. Situational awareness (I will call it dumb luck, because I'm just not all that observant) and 25 rounds of 45ACP saved my life from a 9 against 1 attack, nearly 20 years ago.

As to the "courts" post above. A "Civilization" or "Society" must remove the evil-doers from among the population. Failure to do so violates the social contract that any real Civilization promises. A failure here has dire consequences.

No need for specificity, but consider whether you'd continue to "do business" (let's say you run a CVS that is constantly being robbed) in a location where crime truly runs amok? Or would you leave the area, and leave the "shambles" behind?

Last edited:
The one guy left fingerprints all over the passenger door, hopefully they catch them. I’m so glad I don’t live in the city although I do work there and have my head on a swivel at all times.

Yes absolutely carry but you've got to know the law. I've always thought that if someone wanted my car I'd just let them have it. Deadly force can't be used to protect property.

Yes absolutely carry but you've got to know the law. I've always thought that if someone wanted my car I'd just let them have it. Deadly force can't be used to protect property.
Worst thing is, the one guy had his keys & ran off with them, so he couldn't let him take the Jeep even if he wanted to. What's to stop the bad guys from shooting you AFTER you give them the vehicle? Vague Ring/security footage of them & you on the ground bleeding out?? IBTL...

The moment bad guy presented what is reasonable to assume as a loaded firearm capable of causing severe physical injury or death, this incident morphed out of a property matter and into a justified use of deadly force.

What concerns me about this and the direction of our society is that eventually the pendulum will swing the other way. When that happens I hope it swings legally. If it doesn't then we will see more people take things into their own hands. Many criminals will be shot at the time the crime is taking place, or we could see vigilante style justice happen repeatedly.

The criminals continue these brazen acts today because they know nothing will happen to them. That is what has to change.

IME this is a direct result of soft-on-crime policies. The negative behavior of people in society become more and more emboldened and take increased risks in their actions which eventually leads to tragic results. You can rob at gunpoint 10x but sooner or latter bdg guy picks the wrong dude and things get nutz.

What (edit - Mod) policies and ideas does to a society. Because they're clearly emboldened. A restaurant near me called grinos got broken in 4 times. They have security cameras and alarms but the thieves don't care since the cops don't come. A friend of mine that works at a pastry factory with says criminals broke in to steal during the pandemic but the pathetic useless Houston police let them free and guess what happened the very next night. Yup the same cops came to detain the same exact guys. And guess what they let them free again! absolutely maddening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a war. But, everyone is afraid to declare a war on criminals. Its easier to attack the victims and innocents. Be aware, very aware, and plan your 'defense'.

If you're foolish enough to run *toward* bad guys, expect them to shoot at you.

How much do you want to bet that the guy's gun was also in that backpack, and now the criminals have it?

No sir, it is long past time. Situational awareness (I will call it dumb luck, because I'm just not all that observant) and 25 rounds of 45ACP saved my life from a 9 against 1 attack, nearly 20 years ago.

As to the "courts" post above. A "Civilization" or "Society" must remove the evil-doers from among the population. Failure to do so violates the social contract that any real Civilization promises. A failure here has dire consequences.

No need for specificity, but consider whether you'd continue to "do business" (let's say you run a CVS that is constantly being robbed) in a location where crime truly runs amok? Or would you leave the area, and leave the "shambles" behind?
But then the bureaucracies of the city prompted by people that can still vote even if they're not making a living decide that it is a food Island when the grocery stores leaves and a pharmaceutical Island when the drug stores leaves and then back grants to get other stores of the same type to open in those islands. And of course the money for those grants comes from the taxpayers who are working and making an honest living.

Need to pack now, no question….
While terrible the usa in many cases has lower robberies than many other countries (The media glosses over that.) South Africa has an 8 Times higher murder rate per 100,000 people. When the Oscar Pistorius documentary was on recently a police officer if i remember said that South Africa has a 7 times higher car jacking per 100k people than the usa which is insane.

While terrible the usa in many cases has lower robberies than many other countries (The media glosses over that.) South Africa has an 8 Times higher murder rate per 100,000 people. When the Oscar Pistorius documentary was on recently a police officer if i remember said that South Africa has a 7 times higher car jacking per 100k people than the usa which is insane.

South Africa has collapsed from the recent news out of there.

Back