What $50 at Best Buy gets you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah yeah, it's another one of my speaker posts... but I thought I'd share a good deal that I came across. If you're looking for inexpensive bookshelf speakers for your bedroom system or a den, give these Insignia NS-B2111 (Best Buy house brand) a try. I haven't spent enough time with them to fully assess their sound capabilities yet, but the initial impression is pretty good. Maybe not as detailed as my Monitor Audios and slightly less bass, but then they're 1/6th the price of MAs. The finish is quite attractive also with high gloss piano-black panel on the front, and the cabinets are curved in towards the back.

They've been getting good reviews on various audio/HT boards. Hard to beat them in this price range. Last week they were actually on sale at $35/pair.

-  -  -  -

Basic specs are:
Woofer: 6.5", carbon fiber
Tweeter: 0.8", silk
Freq. response: 50 - 20,000 Hz
Impedance: 8 Ohm
Max power handling: 120 Watts
Sensitivity: 90 dB (not so sure about that one)

is the tweeter in the middle of the bass driver?
wonder how that effects the sound...I remember seeing some old Tannoy speakers which were built like that...

Yes, the tweeter is in the middle. Of course it is decoupled from the woofer so that the tweeter stays put when the bass driver is pumping.

Nice touch with the screw down posts. I would expect spring loaded ones for the price paid. Good buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back