What 319k buys in Hot Springs, AR for a single family home

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
A person I work with thinks Hot Springs/ Hot Springs Village Arkansas is a great place for older Americans to move to. He stated the majority of homes are in gated communities, plenty of nearby water for boating/ fishing, and lots of golf courses.

I have been watching homes for six months in the Hot Springs area. Like many areas, Hot Springs pricing has been going up, up, up.......

This is an example if one watched what 319k might buy. Of course, the home could be worth less, or there could be bidder wars sending the selling price well above 319k. Driveway is already in trouble, for a 13 year old home that is a flag. The 24" floor tiles look like that may not have been installed so well. The home may have some "flags" not easily spotted in the pictures. The interior of the house looks professionally staged, the deck area looks like the owners stuff. My Wife liked the home, with a huge exception of the kitchen layout. And with the flooring, in one pic, four different floors can be seen.

Last edited:
I was expecting a picture of a used car.
If it was a used car, I would have posted that in the Vehicle section.

Thanks for bringing this up. A very senior person in the organization I work for said I assume the reader knows to much in the writings I do. You validated that concern- I have edited the title.

In Arkansas, I would look in Bella Vista....
If you want to be away from people, there are lots of nice places along the White River starting around Norfolk and moving downstream.

• Love
Reactions: GON
This is a home we thought was not at a good price point. It has great eye appeal but loses almost all the benefits of a "ranch" style home. The garage is in the basement, so groceries etc have to come up a flight of stairs. The grade at the home itself is too hilly causing other issues. The home looks like it will be on the darker side- not much natural light coming into the home.

In Arkansas, I would look in Bella Vista....
If you want to be away from people, there are lots of nice places along the White River starting around Norfolk and moving downstream.
Going to put that into a search, thanks KJ.

Only 2102 square feet and still manages to look like McMansion inside and out.
For two adults near retirement, 2000 square feet matches well, as long as I can have a workshop.

Other than the kitchen layout is not so good, the only thing we would like more is a third bathroom. The Wife and I like to have our own bathrooms, and with our adult children and grandchildren visiting, a third bathroom would be a nice luxury. Note I never lived in a home with more than one bathroom until I was an adult.

For two adults near retirement, 2000 square feet matches well, as long as I can have a workshop.

Other than the kitchen layout is not so good, the only thing we would like more is a third bathroom. The Wife and I like to have our own bathrooms, and with our adult children and grandchildren visiting, a third bathroom would be a nice luxury. Note I never lived in a home with more than one bathroom until I was an adult.

What were they thinking with the bathtub in the master bath with the faucet right in the middle of where you'd step in and out of it??

Sorry mis spelled, Norfork is correct.
Basically follow the White River from Bull Shoals... lots of nice places.

The big issue would be how close you need to stay near Doctors,

$154 a sq foot is what we paid for new construction in San Antonio hill country about 3-4 years ago.

Our new house has none of the quality finishings that this house has, more builder grade.

I'd say its a nice house for the money, but I don't know anything about Arkansas.

Raised foundation is a plus but too many trees for me. Thanks for posting, enjoy looking at property.

A person I work with thinks Hot Springs/ Hot Springs Village Arkansas is a great place for older Americans to move to. He stated the majority of homes are in gated communities, plenty of nearby water for boating/ fishing, and lots of golf courses.

I have been watching homes for six months in the Hot Springs area. Like many areas, Hot Springs pricing has been going up, up, up.......

This is an example if one watched what 319k might buy. Of course, the home could be worth less, or there could be bidder wars sending the selling price well above 319k. Driveway is already in trouble, for a 13 year old home that is a flag. The 24" floor tiles look like that may not have been installed so well. The home may have some "flags" not easily spotted in the pictures. The interior of the house looks professionally staged, the deck area looks like the owners stuff. My Wife liked the home, with a huge exception of the kitchen layout. And with the flooring, in one pic, four different floors can be seen.

You like to move around a lot eh?

Always wanted a gravel patio. Not!

What were they thinking with the bathtub in the master bath with the faucet right in the middle of where you'd step in and out of it??
I've got one like that. It is weird but on mine, you couldn't turn the water on if it were anywhere else.

Back