what 20k oci looks like

That doesn't really look like varnish to me, just oil staining. Varnish is more a dark brown or reddish sticky goop.
Me too. Varnish is opaque and in the images you can clearly see through the color to the metal underneath. I'd consider that top end to be super clean for 20k OCI.

Looks good. Is this car running a bypass filter?
nope
Looks great albeit lots of varnish that will grind the dentures of some here. Especially using those two darling oils.

But i'd be proud of those results.
this is the special edition ultra thin rose gold varnish not the normal brown kind

Lots of F-pace CUVs around here. Is that a “real” jag though?

1648582297208.jpeg

I think the last "real" Jags were the ones made before Ford bought them and managed to build even worse cars than the last "real" Jags.
you ever driven a series 2-3 xj or any early XJS? they suck. ford stepped in and saved the company, they made very good cars in just a few years.

their departure and the resulting permanent marriage with land rover killed them for good

Last edited:
Is varnish harmful to the engine?

Based on the mileage I'm thinking Lexus. GS300?
He told us a jaguar last night. I misread his hints, butttt. I never knew jags were running straight 6's and I also was surprised they supercharged those monsters, ~367hp w `470 tq. Must be fun to drive!
Thats an angry motor

I remember seeing a supercharged I6 were the specs were ridiculous in the 400's, must have stumbled into a different I6 engine... Like the BMW I6.

Where I am no way I can go 20k miles without oxidative thickening. Even 10k km is pushing it. Not sure why.
sounds like you have mediocre fuel and/or oil

here we are lucky to have cheap flagship oils and relatively decent gasoline

sounds like you have mediocre fuel and/or oil

here we are lucky to have cheap flagship oils and relatively decent gasoline
We dont have e85. its all 100% gasoline, could this be the cause ? Oil wise pretty sure we are using the same stuff. I use euro Shell 5W40.

We dont have e85. its all 100% gasoline, could this be the cause ? Oil wise pretty sure we are using the same stuff. I use euro Shell 5W40.
In the US the gasoline now has to be refined to a similar standard as Europe with very little sulfur in it, in other parts of the world gasoline may still be allowed to contain very high levels of sulfur.

Back