what 20k oci looks like

In the US the gasoline now has to be refined to a similar standard as Europe with very little sulfur in it, in other parts of the world gasoline may still be allowed to contain very high levels of sulfur.
We have been using euro standard low sulfur fuels since 2020, but then again I havent done any UOA after 2020, maybe I should start again.

The V-12 Jaguar engines sold on the US market were primarily the answer to the rigid smog control regulations that were making their legendary DOHC straight six impotent. The V-12 didn't make much more HP than the previous 6.

The Euro versions were another story.Properly sorted out though, the big 4 door sedans were smooth performers and made nice touring sedans.

To the OP, I am curious what the owners manual called for regarding viscosity ? 0W-40 doesn't seem likely, however your results speak for themselves.

The V-12 Jaguar engines sold on the US market were primarily the answer to the rigid smog control regulations that were making their legendary DOHC straight six impotent. The V-12 didn't make much more HP than the previous 6.

The Euro versions were another story.Properly sorted out though, the big 4 door sedans were smooth performers and made nice touring sedans.
not quite the story. despite of owning the rights to build a lighweight and powerful V8 they chose to dump a lot of money developing a ridiculously heavy and inefficient V12.

when smog standards started tightening they redesigned it into the “HE” V12 which produced pitiful numbers in all configurations. a few years after that they quietly admitted defeat by building the AJ6 family.

all the factory sanctioned race cars used the older “flat” head V12. much later on the 6.0 V12 addressed the glaring issues but by then it was already time to move on.

anyways 10w30 energy conserving was what they prefer you use for best economy

Last edited:
Did this Jag see regular 20K (miles) OCI's or was it one 20K OCI?
If it was regularly ran 20K mile OCI's I'm impressed by the results.

It's a Jaguar AJ6 engine

Yes, I just said forgotten, I believe Tata owns them now, but when's the last time you really seen anyone excited to buy a Jaguar or even remember that they still exist.
They’re selling like hot cakes with long delivery delays. This post just doesn’t make sense…

They’re selling like hot cakes with long delivery delays. This post just doesn’t make sense…
Selling like hot cakes, not so much, long delivery and low inventory probably, like every other car manufacturer, Jaguar only sold about 100,000 cars last year world wide, less than 20,000 in the USA, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Cadillac, and Lexus way outsold them.

Did this Jag see regular 20K (miles) OCI's or was it one 20K OCI?
If it was regularly ran 20K mile OCI's I'm impressed by the results.
4 ocis between 19-20k, a little over 2 years total. gave it to a friend during covid with cheap gas and they drove around doing deliveries in it, after that just to drive 50 miles a day to work and back.

Selling like hot cakes, not so much, long delivery and low inventory probably, like every other car manufacturer, Jaguar only sold about 100,000 cars last year world wide, less than 20,000 in the USA, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Cadillac, and Lexus way outsold them.
No they’re selling better than they ever have here in God’s country. Just too hard to get though due to semiconductor shortage and COVID.

Tata group Jags are definitely not forgotten in my area and are very popular as well with the old money and hip hop money crowd - Jags and Land Rovers are about as common as a Mercedes E & S and BMW 5 & 7. Toss a rock in traffic and you will hit one or more of the above. :ROFLMAO:

Now Aston Martin - can't tell you the last time I saw one.

Back