Went to wallmart tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I even told the manager I wanted to buy qsud or pp 5w30 but im not gonna when the seals are all broken. So I went with mobil 1. How is wallmart gonna sell all that opened oil. The manager made another employee gather them all up, I was tempted to say id buy them all for a buck a piece but he wasn't in a good mood. He was very thankful I made him aware of the problem.

Originally Posted By: waltywalt
Yeah I even told the manager I wanted to buy qsud or pp 5w30 but im not gonna when the seals are all broken. So I went with mobil 1. How is wallmart gonna sell all that opened oil.

The manager I informed of this issue said that all opened motor oil was poured into the used motor oil tank back in the shop.

I had the same problem also. I went to two different Walmarts and all of the SOPUS jugs of oil (PP and QSUD) were open in both stores. Some of them looked too full, which made me suspect that these probably did not contain new/fresh motor oil. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that between two WM stores I could not find one unopened jug of PP or QSUD. SOPUS needs to remedy this somehow so that this does not happen again when they startup another program like this in the future.

It's not Pennzoil's fault or Walmart's fault.

It's the thieves' fault.

Walmart and SOPUS will share serious losses from this.

They are the victims of the abuse of this valuable and well-intentioned promotion.

Originally Posted By: RGR

The manager I informed of this issue said that all opened motor oil was poured into the used motor oil tank back in the shop.

Good grief that is a terrible waste of perfectly good product.
And of course who pays for that loss? We the customers do.

I agree ... Walmart and SOPUS are not to blame for the jugs of oil being opened. Maybe the only way the theft of FRN codes is going to stop is if the customer has to provide proof of purchase along with the code (which would also eliminate the possibility of a dishonest employee stealing the code). Then, of course, the opened jug of motor oil cannot be returned to the store (WM needs to check the jug to make sure it has not been opened). However, I know that many people would not like the proof of purchase idea because it would make it more difficult for them to use the FRN program (I have read on BITOG that when there is no code underneath the cap, people have had trouble obtaining one by scanning and emailing their receipts to show the purchase). So, I don't know what would fix the problem completely.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
WM needs cameras in the auto section and a sign to let all know.

The cameras are already there. Walmart has more cameras than any other retailer on the face of the earth.

We should not need cameras and extra security to make customers at Walmart behave with integrity and honesty. People who do this kind of thing are worthless dirt bags with black hearts. These same parasitic dirt bags would sell their own grandmother if the money was right. If caught and convicted they should be neutered to keep from breeding.

Last edited:
You need to stop holding back and tell us how you really feel.
smile.gif

I like Pennzoil products. I appreciate this promotion. It has saved me a lot of money on gas or oil, however you want to look at it. I do wish Pennzoil would put seals on their jugs so it really wouldn't matter if the cap was removed for the oil to stay fresh and not worry about tampering of the actual oil.

I had a lot of the jugs that I purchased with loose caps. The codes worked fine. Now, just kind of have to hope nobody tampered with the oil in any way.

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
If caught and convicted they should be neutered to keep from breeding.

If that happened to me, I wouldn't have to worry about the status of my cornstarch supply.
smile.gif

Just friggin foil seal the bottle like everyone else...How friggin difficult/expensive is that?

Just friggin foil seal the bottle like everyone else...How friggin difficult/expensive is that?

SuzanneClerkin...Please inform you management.....

I've bought a ton of new jugs (with 2014 dates) and many of the caps were blank underneath.

One jug specifically didn't even have enough digits to be accepted as a legitimate code. It was one or two digits short.

Super frustrating.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You guys can keep fighting over the cap seals while I make a beeline to the SuperTech full synthetic.
beer3.gif

There he goes again....
Trolling.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back